|Published||August 23, 2023|
|Location||San Diego, CA|
Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Group Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, Sony Music Entertainment, Sony Music Publishing and Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: www.sony.com/en.
The GISC-ADC-AM-Enterprise Solution department is responsible for the implementation of new systems as well as the rollout of existing systems in the US region. Within this department, the SAP West Finance Team is covering the SAP Finance modules of the Core SAP system, with a user base in US, Canada, Europe, and India.
The Technical Architect is a key link between Consultancy, Delivery and Support functions, and is being called upon by the various managers or Developers/Designers when expert advice is required.
Each Technical platform has a Technical Architect, who is the expert of the platform in technical terms, both in terms of knowledge of the application and development standpoint.
The incumbent will ensure that solutions and estimates proposed by the Consultancy teams are accurate and realistic, to avoid unrealistic promises to the business; and to ensure the commitment of the complete organization to stated scope, timelines and budget.
The role will focus on improving, enhancing, adopting, and maintaining a stable Global SAP platform for finance, accounting, statutory reporting, and its integration. In this role, the incumbent may evaluate solutions outside SAP, such as other ERPs, Custom Solutions and SaaS.
- Work with Business Relationship Managers and Business Users to provide global solutions to meet business and IT needs
- Conduct Requirements analyses, business process redesign and system design
- Provide specifications for developers, system configuration, testing and test management
- Manage offshore resources, user training, financial conversions, support issues
- Advise Global Process Owners
- Translate requirements into designs and code/configuration
- Provide solutions for Sony Electronics (US, EU) and other companies in scope of SAP West.
- Build capability of team members onshore/offshore, as needed.
- Ensure health of production systems and processes in Finance.
- Budget Control and Tracking Latest Estimates and Actuals for Support and Projects in scope of work in Finance.
- Point of contact for the organization in case there are specific questions that require in-depth knowledge of the platform
- Design, operation and management of regional/globally distributed platform (on premise/cloud)
- Intellectual capacity to understand most complex problems and explain them in simple terms to business users
- Key decision maker in terms of design for the platform
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE FOR POSITION
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, physics, mathematics, computer science, accounting and/or engineering or similar
- Experience (10 years+ is highly desirable) of SAP FICO modules in SAP ECC, SAP S/4.
- Recognized technical and functional expertise, ideally backed up by professional qualifications
- Analytical mind-set with a strong eagerness to learn
- Understands their role in relation to the other roles of a Corporate IT organization (IT Delivery Manager, Technical Architects, Solution Architects, Test Managers, Test Analysts, Controllers, etc.) and acts accordingly
- Team player, prepared to work with offshore in a geographically dispersed team
- Recognizes the specific way of doing, and culture, of the organization and adapts behavior accordingly
- Able to update Manager and stakeholders on progress
- Contributes to a culture of "transparency"
- Understands that concerns or issues must be raised as soon as discovered and not just when the delivery is due
- Able to share and document knowledge
- Understand testing principles and needs and can demonstrate a good understanding of what the key test phases are
- Self-motivated individual who takes pride in honoring commitments and can demonstrate a track record of continuous delivery as per commitments
- Proven experience of working projects as a full-time project member for a relevant duration (e.g. 6 months).
- Can demonstrate participation of several projects from initiation to completion
- Consistent level of performance throughout project delivery
- Significant experience of a technical platform, as a Developer/Designer
- Recognized expert on the technical platform
- Strong understanding of the user and functional/technical solutions of the platform, interfaces, of the Sony bespoke configurations or development and a good understanding of the "history" of the platform
- Accounting background, SAP Academy FI Certification
- Global platform with common solutions, working with offshore resources, experience with project-enhancements-support, international experience
- Experience working in a complex matrix organization
- Dev Ops experience
- Stakeholder and risk management
- Project Management expertise
- High level of accuracy
- High level of business process knowledge
- Ability to provide proactive solution & workaround
- Analytical skills
- Business process knowledge
- Result oriented, pragmatic with effective communication skills
- Stakeholders (internal/external) management
- Proactive Issue and Risk Management (operation, support, project)
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $145,000 to 160,000. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work (English/Spanish)
E-Verify Participation (English/Spanish)
While SCA does not require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, there are certain Sony offices that require employees to be vaccinated in order to enter. If you will be located at or travel to those offices, you will be required to be fully vaccinated to enter. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccination status or any indication of a possible request for a vaccination accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.