|Published||August 31, 2018|
The Molex SAP ABAP Systems Analyst works in a challenging, exciting, and dynamic environment. This position will work closely all corporate IT groups and business contacts globally to develop, enhance, debug, support, maintain, and test SAP ABAP software solutions that support our ECC business system at Molex. Solutions are crafted using SAP ABAP tools using the latest technologies and OO concepts. Our ECC environment integrates with several external systems and coordination with these groups is essential to provide the right solution. The position will be involved in all aspects of providing these solutions from design and development, to implementation. The participant will not have direct reports but will be a part of a global team requiring excellent communication and collaboration skills to interact effectively with other technical groups, as well as, business leaders and process owners. Individual should be able to work with minimal supervision and with general guidance as they deliver superior solutions to be used by the Molex business. ** Visa sponsorship is not available.
- Collaborates with business function areas to fully understand and define system requirements. Makes recommendations for business solutions. Develops technical specifications and technical unit test plans based on these requirements.
- Evaluates current system capabilities to identify changes that need to be made and determines the impact to the business. Ensures that programming and software requirements fulfill business objectives.
- Designs, develops and modifies programs, objects and processes to complete smaller projects as well as supporting larger complex projects.
- Works as a team member within own IT group and other IT departments to implement new or system changes. Identifies resources and communicates system requirements and timelines.
- Provides ongoing system and programming support in responsible area. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of new and suitable applications and understands their potential uses as they relate to the functional area supported.
- Performs functionality tests of new and updated applications and systems to verify desired results are achieved. Evaluates results and coordinates or makes modifications to improve system performance. Creates test plans as required. Participates in application updates and upgrade projects.
- Organizes and tracks the progress of projects and tasks by applying project management techniques. Identifies issues that will delay on-time delivery and assists in resolving them. Communicates to management direction, status, and problems with work assignments through status reports. Works with management to overcome obstacles and complete projects.
- Follows established methodologies during system development and ensures systems adhere to the standards and procedures established by the IT department. Develops and maintains all system related documentation.
- Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.