|Published||July 7, 2023|
|Location||Buena Park, CA|
At Orora, we believe our packaging touches lives and together, we, together as a team, deliver on the promise of what's inside. From custom packaging design and packaging materials, to prototype development and manufacturing, packaging automation and equipment, kitting and fulfillment, global sourcing, and full service warehousing and logistics, our packaging consultants develop cutting-edge, innovative solutions that take a product from concept to consumer. It is with this passion and commitment to innovation, we believe in hiring and developing the very best talent by living our core values of Teamwork, Passion, Respect, and Integrity every day. These core values define who we are and how we operate. They shape the way we work with each other, with our customers, and with our communities. Every day, we deliver packaging solutions that exceed our customers' expectations while solving complex problems as a team. We believe that all team members (irrespective of their role or level), should aspire to distinctive leadership behavior, as we continue to deliver on the promise for our customers, shareholders and each other. Leadership is not tied to a job title, i.e. you don't need to be accountable for a team to be considered a leader.
Sr. SAP Technical Manager
Reporting to the IT Manager, Enterprise Solutions, The Sr. SAP Technical Manager is responsible for all aspects of SAP technical initiatives in the organization.
Summary of Role and How You'll Fit In:
In this role, the Sr. SAP Technical Manager will lead implementation of strategic initiatives and is responsible for all aspects of SAP technical initiatives in the organization. This includes managing projects and resource planning. With a focus on building a strong, cohesive SAP technical team, this role will supervise developers and other SAP technical resources to achieve their potential. The Sr. SAP Technical Manager is tasked with determining how the IT organization manages and coordinates development resources, whether internal or external, for the successful completion of technical projects.
This position reports to the: IT Manager, Enterprise Solutions
Travel Requirement: up to 10%
FLSA Status: Exempt
* Plans, directs and coordinates SAP development activities, SAP Basis activities and SAP security activities as dictated by business requirements.
* Ensures that SAP development, Basis, Security project goals are clearly defined, resources identified and positive progress is made.
* Works towards continuous improvement in the technical abilities of the teams.
* Develops processes and procedures to ensure projects and tasks are addressed in a consistent and timely manner.
* Works with business analysts and management to review project proposals to determine goals, timeline, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of resources.
* Coordinates activities with technical leadership ensure projects progress on schedule and within budget.
* Implements standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation, consistent with audit requirements.
* Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel, and modifies schedules and plans as required.
* Prepares project status reports, and keeps management and others informed of project status and related issues.
* Plan, directs and coordinates monitoring, maintenance and upgrade of SAP technical environments across the landscape and determines and takes steps to ensure SAP technical environment is in good health
* Provides technical guidance to Business Analysts, ABAP team, BI team, Integration team, Security team, Basis team in completing technical requests and acts as the go-to person responsible for supporting requests from SAP technologies perspective
* Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
* Coordinates and responds to requests for changes from original business requirements and technical specifications.
* Manages the development of quality assurance test plans which are in line with testing requirements.
* Ensures that coworkers have easy access to information that is useful to them.
* Works closely with coworkers, business analysts, and Enterprise Solutions Manager to understand and prioritize business goals and information needs, and then develop system requirements and design specifications; direct efforts to refine conceptual systems design requirements into the technical design.
* Provides leadership and motivation to team members throughout the project life cycle.
* Performs other duties and/or responsibilities as requested.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, engineering or a related discipline with an information technology focus. MBA or equivalent highly desirable.
* 7+ years of SAP systems development and other technical project management experience.
* Expert level knowledge of SAP core technical platform, interface methodologies, workflow, updates process, code optimization, background processes, new techniques etc. Good knowledge of SAP security, basis concepts.
* 7+ years of progressive, application development experience including testing of applications.
* Technical management experience in a dynamic high-technology environment - a key success factor.
* 7+ years of demonstrated technical management/supervisory experience in a dynamic, high-technology systems development environment, including:
* Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership, with strong abilities in relationship management.
* Demonstrated leadership of multi-discipline, high-performance work teams/groups.
* Successfully developed and implemented new technology.
* Demonstrated competency in project management and the execution of multiple or large projects.
* Successfully developed and implemented new work processes or process improvements.
* Proven experience working with customers to develop solutions to complex business problems.
* Any equivalent combination of related education and experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Strong leadership skills with a strategic vision.
* Detail oriented and excellent organizational, time and stress management skills
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently
* Excellent interpersonal skills, excellent communication, and customer-facing skills.
* Willingness to expand knowledge and skills to other technologies and solutions
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are interested in applying for employment with Orora and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you believe you do not meet any of the required qualifications of a posted position due to a protected disability and would like to explore the possibility of an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for additional support and guidance
What We Offer
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families. Here's a sample of the benefits we offer:
* Generous PTO
* 401(k) with a Company Match
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Employee Assistance
* Group Life and AD&D
* Voluntary Life and AD&D
* Group Short-Term Disability
* Group Long-Term Disability
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential job functions.
Orora does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Orora is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Solicitation of Payments
Orora does not solicit payment from our applicants and candidates for consideration or placement.