|Published||September 17, 2022|
Imagine working for a company that celebrates their employees and invests in their well-being and development, as a priority.
As a professional services organization, this provider focuses on helping clients in their business transformation journey enabled by SAP.
They work hard, have fun, give back to the community and never take their eye off the goal - creating a modern cloud MSP with a global, talented team of employees. Sound exciting? Read on!
The is accountable for managing Professional Services projects on behalf of the Company. Projects are performed by dedicated or shared teams of technical engineering resources. Technologies include network, operating systems, middleware, databases, cloud and hybrid solutions, security and data storage systems, software/applications, and other services as required to support customer solutions and overall requirements.
The types of projects are, but not limited to: high value (in excess of $1mm+ budgeted), strategic, medium to large in size and duration (3 to 12 months), mid to high level complexity, USA domestic and/or Global assessments, proof of concepts, migrations, implementations and upgrades.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Accountable for successfully managing Global customer projects for Company
- Oversee and coordinate multiple teams of technical and/or process engineering resources to perform project tasks
- Manage one or multiple customer projects simultaneously
- Develop project plans, specifications, and other related project administration tasks
- Work directly with Company customers at multiple levels to perform implementation activities
- Oversee project execution, including but not limited to:
- Conducting project launch meetings
- Gather and document the customer’s technical, functional and business requirements
- Developing detailed project plans
- Managing, influencing, and monitoring project issues, risks, and escalations
- Tracking/influencing/managing projects from initiation to successful completion
- Communicating project status on a timely and regular basis
- Resolving project issues, problems, and changes
- Leading projects to overall success
- Oversee quality assurance cycles for all projects
- Prepare formal status reports on a regular basis for customer and Company senior management
- Execute projects using the Company methods, tools, templates and processes, ensuring a well governed, consistent and standardized project approach
- Apply learning from past projects to future projects by developing and continuously improving tools, templates and processes to facilitate implementation efforts
- Be a member of the Company Global PMO, helping in its continuous development and effectiveness
- Support the development of new and existing internal and customer relationships
- Support / manage all customer stakeholders and engagement activities – managing customer expectations and customer responsibilities including initiating, running and participating in Project Steering Committee meetings
- Act as a facilitator and mentor to project team members
- Lead and manage teams of customer, 3rd parties and Company resources, delivering results through others
- Ensure effective communication channels
- Manage and deliver projects from mobilization until handover and closure, delivering solutions to time, scope, quality and budget
- Work within a multiple level team structure
- Report all project delivery progress and status to the customer and Company PMO
- Report all escalations to the PMO or relevant Program Manager
- Support and monitor project management standards and quality checks used within the Company Global PMO
- Manage and delivery complex projects from mobilization to handover and closure
- Utilizing cross-functional teams and third parties to deliver solutions and multiple delivery of projects to scope, time, quality and budget
- Work within a multiple level team structure – managing direct reports (work-stream leads etc.) and indirectly supporting all other levels operating within the team
Financial and Commercial Awareness
- Manage high value, strategic projects and services