|Published||August 11, 2023|
Genesis Consulting has an upcoming opportunity for an experienced, forward thinking SAP Agile Coach with a passion for growth and business transformation. Join our team and utilize SAP technology to configure, develop, deliver and support applications for our clients while leveraging concepts of Lean, Agile, Kanban and SAFe. We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Senior SAP Agile Coach with Federal Experience on an SAP Implementation Project to join our team, working closely with a Federal Government Client. As the Senior SAP Agile Coach, you will be responsible for providing guidance and leadership in Agile methodologies and practices, specifically within the context of SAP implementations for federal government clients. This critical role requires a deep understanding of Agile principles, strong coaching and facilitation skills, and the ability to drive successful project delivery in a complex government environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the Agile subject matter expert, providing guidance, coaching, and training on Agile methodologies, practices, and frameworks, such as Scrum and Kanban. Tailor Agile approaches to fit the specific needs of SAP implementation projects within the federal government domain, at a Federal Client. DOD or DHS experience is preferred.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of federal government processes, regulations, compliance standards, and reporting requirements related to SAP implementations. Apply Agile principles to ensure compliance and alignment with federal government guidelines.
- Lead the Agile transformation efforts within the SAP implementation project, fostering an Agile mindset, culture, and ways of working. Collaborate with stakeholders to gain buy-in and ensure successful adoption of Agile practices.
- Coach and mentor project teams, including business analysts, developers, testers, and other stakeholders, in adopting and applying Agile principles, practices, and ceremonies. Facilitate effective collaboration, communication, and decision-making within Agile teams.
- Collaborate with project managers, product owners, and business stakeholders to develop Agile project plans, backlogs, and release plans. Guide the Agile teams in delivering high-quality SAP solutions iteratively, on time, and within budget.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement by encouraging Agile teams to regularly reflect on their processes, identify areas for improvement, and implement changes to enhance efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction. Foster innovation and experimentation.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including federal government officials, project sponsors, and business users. Engage in regular communication to provide updates, manage expectations, and address concerns or issues.
- Define and track key Agile metrics, such as velocity, burn-down charts, and cycle time, to measure team performance, project progress, and predictability. Prepare and present Agile project status reports to stakeholders.
- Identify and mitigate risks and impediments that may impact the successful delivery of SAP implementation projects. Collaborate with project teams to develop contingency plans and ensure proactive risk management.
- Share Agile best practices, tools, and techniques with project teams and stakeholders. Conduct Agile training sessions and workshops to increase awareness, understanding, and proficiency in Agile methodologies.
- Extensive experience (8+ years) as an Agile Coach or Scrum Master in SAP implementation projects, specifically within the Federal Government domain.
- Deep knowledge of Agile methodologies, practices, and frameworks, such as Scrum, Kanban, and SAFe.
- Strong understanding of federal government regulations, compliance standards, and reporting requirements related to SAP implementations.
- Proven experience in leading Agile transformations and coaching teams in Agile practices within complex government environments.
- Excellent coaching, facilitation, and leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire teams to embrace Agile principles and practices.
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders, including senior leadership and government officials.
- Experience with Agile project management tools and techniques, such as JIRA or Azure DevOps.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Certification in Agile and SAFe methodologies (e.g., Agilist, Certified ScrumMaster, Certified Scrum Professional) is required.
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have Active DoD Secret clearance or Ability to Obtain it
- Willingness to work on-site and remotely in the DC/MD/VA area