|Date Posted||September 23, 2021|
Live the experience. From professional empowerment to continual learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our tech team is critical to our scalability—and is recognized that way. We’ve been defined as a “mature start-up.” A place where interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for better solutions drives us and is core to who we are.
We’re engineering for the future of retail, and it’s no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for your very best, you’ll find that virtually nothing’s impossible at Ulta Beauty.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Senior Developer is responsible for supporting, planning, and coordinating technical activities related to development within SAP landscapes in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment. They work alongside talented Technical Leads, Architects, Software Engineers, and Quality Engineers in our highly collaborative environment to deliver high quality solutions on time and on budget. This position plays a key role in establishing, executing, and supporting business critical systems including SAP ECC, S/4HANA, CAR, and SAP Business Technology Platform.
The Senior Developer will assist in establishing and executing on the corporate strategy for the SAP environment including leveraging cloud technologies. The technical support will require both proactive and reactive measures to ensure systems perform within the terms of their respective service level agreements.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Application Support - Assists in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to mobile native applications. Assists with specified procedures.
- Development Testing - Performs the execution of given test scripts under supervision. Records results and reports issues. Develops an understanding of the role of testing within system development, as a tool for design improvement as well as a validation process.
- Problem Management - Investigates problems in systems, processes, and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Programming/Software Development - Contributes to the designs, development, testing, and documentation of complex programs from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools. Assesses own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work. Mentors less experienced colleagues as required.
- Release Deployment - Uses the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities. Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity undertaken.
- Requirements Definition & Management - Uses established techniques as directed to identify current problems and elicit, specify, and document business functional, data and non-functional requirements.
- Systems Integration - Assists in the software builds from software source code. Performs tests as defined in an integration test specification, records the details of any failures, and carries out fault diagnosis relating to simple failures, reporting the results of the diagnosis in a clear and concise manner.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience
- 2+ years of development experience with ABAP on S/4HANA.
- Experience in various modules including FI/CO/SD/MM.
- Develop and maintain ABAP programs using object-oriented programming techniques, Smart-forms, User Exits, BAPI's, BADI's, BTE's and Data Dictionary objects.
- Strong experience in ABAP on HANA, backend oData, and front-end Fiori development.
- Exposure to Restful ABAP Programming.
- Prior experience with cloud development on SAP Business Technology Platform or GCP/Azure.
- Working knowledge of version control and CI/CD tools along with Agile/DevOps methodologies.
- Experience with SOAP and REST based services, and API design.
- Passion for learning new technologies and eagerness to collaborate with other creative minds.
- Proactive and able to catch issues before failures.
- Possess a strong work ethic; takes pride in producing a quality product.
- Work with production support and project consultants in an onshore / offshore model.
- Support off-hours production issues and code deployments as needed.
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences).
COLORADO PAY RANGE
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty’s own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.