|Published||August 3, 2022|
The Manager SAP Change, Testing and Release CoE is part of the SAP CoE leadership team and is accountable for application change, testing and release activities and procedures globally. He/ She manages a global team of Change, Release and Testing experts applying modern SecDevOps techniques operating a large-scale distributed On-Prem and SaaS application. Team composition includes employees (both direct reporting and matrixed) and strategic third-party partners.
The SAP Change, Testing and Release Manager leads the SAP change advisory board, ensuring adequate risk assessment and scheduling of technical changes and releases. In this role, he/she also owns the access, security, configuration of change activities and release procedures.
He/ She will primarily be accountable for overseeing and coordinating LyondellBasell's SAP Change, Testing and Release Management activities as they are tightly integrated. This role includes a high degree of leadership, communication and coordination of Change, Testing and Release Management activities with the IT, Digital, Cyber Security and Business users.
This role is primarily involved with SAP Change and Release Management activities but could evolve into applications outside of SAP.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Manager SAP Change, Testing and Release oversee all activities around the application change and test management:
- Plan, coordinate and execute SAP change, testing and release activities
- Provide leadership and direction to the SAP change, testing and release organization to ensure it will contribute to the company achieving its goals.
- Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage IT engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement risk.
- Define and develop standard methodologies for the company and assist in developing structured change, testing and release frameworks and playbooks to ensure consistency and repeatability of the process.
- Facilitate change, drive operational excellence and strive for continuous improvements for current models.
- Manage the global SAP change, testing and release CoE team, developing their skills and capabilities to meet the needs of the organization, as well as building on existing recruiting capabilities to address new needs and skills gaps.
- Manage relationships with major application vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organization.
- Work with and organize a team of cross functional resources to efficiently and effectively deliver the releases and testing for the company
- Bachelor's degree in Information technology, Computer Science or related discipline
- 10 years of professional experience in IT leadership and ERP system integration
- Minimum of 15 years of experience with SAP Change Management and/or show proficiency/experience designing/working with any Application Change Management processes
- Minimum of 10 years' experience coordinating Application Release Management activities
- Strong "service provider" and "business partner" orientation. A visible, collaborative and accessible leader to both the IT organization and the rest of the company.
- Drives for continuous improvement, cost reduction and productivity of current and future systems and releases.
- Drives change and accountability. A leader with considerable experience leading transformational change within technology organizations and between IT and our business partners.
- Has the ability to communicate effectively and understand the needs of non-technical internal clients as well as different global cultures.
- International experience is a plus as this position conducts business globally and in areas/communities that have strong, unique ethnic/cultural traditions.
- Balance of project management, conflict resolution and people management skills
- Enjoys problem solving and working in a team environment
- Has the interpersonal skills necessary to get buy-in for standards from users & management
- Attention to detail, process driven and highly organized
- Positive attitude and team player with the ability to self-motivate
- High level of integrity and strict adherence to protecting confidential information
- Good organizational and planning skills, with a proven ability to manage time well in a fast-paced, ever-changing, team-oriented environment
- Proven leadership ability
- Demonstrated executive presence and influence, ability to build client relationships and create client satisfaction throughout the application lifecycle
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional service orientation
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential - and responsibility - to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That's why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world's most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston