|Date Posted||September 23, 2021|
Live the experience. From professional empowerment to continual learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our tech team is critical to our scalability—and is recognized that way. We’ve been defined as a “mature start-up.” A place where interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for better solutions drives us and is core to who we are.
We’re engineering for the future of retail, and it’s no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for your very best, you’ll find that virtually nothing’s impossible at Ulta Beauty.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Sr. Architect is responsible for applying architectural expertise as a leader in the planning, design and delivery of S/4 HANA in a retail environment. They are an innovative thinker who is able to envision how technology can be leveraged to solve complex business problems. They will be responsible to recommend technology based on solid knowledge of SAP capabilities and the SAP roadmap and will be responsible for the enterprise architecture function including architectural design standards, governance processes and implementation of SAP S/4 HANA.
This role will work closely with product management, software developers and system engineers to understand requirements and participate in design discussions in a highly collaborative, dynamic, and fast paced environment. They should be comfortable working with minimal direction for extended periods, as well as assisting other team members to accomplish project success. Assignments may vary from well-defined, long term projects to ad-hoc work requests that are critical to business success.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- System Software: Evaluate new system software, review system software updates, plan the installation and testing of new versions of system software, troubleshoot software problems and advise on the correct and effective use of system software.
- Systems Design: Manage the system design within the functional area and on programs/projects and ensures adherence to relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security).
- Solution Architecture: Lead the development of architectures for complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers while balancing between functional, service quality and systems management needs. Ensure that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to.
- Information Management: Develop and communicate the organization's strategy for managing information, ensuring that uniformly recognized and accepted data definitions are developed and applied throughout the organization. Ensure that the business processes and information required to support the organization are defined and devise appropriate standards, processes and data architectures. Evaluate the impact of any relevant statutory, internal or external regulations on the organization's use of information and develop strategies for compliance.
- Innovation/Research: Manage, monitor, and seek opportunities, new methods, trends, capabilities and products to the advancement of the organization.
- IT Governance: Support the work of the governing authority/board, lead the review of management processes (and decisions) for compliance with the organization's strategy for corporate governance of information and develop architecture policies and standards.
- IT Strategy & Planning: Develop policies, standards and guidelines for how the organization conducts IT strategy development and planning, and lead the creation or review of an IT strategy which meets the requirements of the business.
- Relationship Management: Develop long-term, strategic relationships with senior stakeholders, maintain a strong understanding of industry and business and act as a subject matter expert on technology.
- Possesses expert knowledge of SAP applications and architecture for SAP S/4 HANA. Including by not limited to CFIN, integration, sizing, architecture, cloud, HA and security.
- Act as a trusted partner on projects, solving problems, and recommending solutions while taking into account current and future roadmap direction.
- Evaluate and recommend new tools, technologies, methodologies and solutions.
- Stays current on SAP Technology and Roadmap
- Partners with IT partners including SAP Technology, Infrastructure, Security and Functional to identify emerging technologies and their application value.
- Evaluates, proposes, devises and initiates process improvement activities or solutions within IT.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience and 12+ years of overall experience in information technology including architecture, design and development.
- 5+ years as solution architect in an SAP environment is required
- At least 2 implementations as an architect of S/4 HANA in a Retail environment
- Experience leading software and vendor evaluations
- Experience presenting solutions to senior business leaders
- Ability to work in team in diverse/ multiple stakeholder environments
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change.
- Possess a strong work ethic; takes pride in producing a quality product.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent decision making and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence the organization to "get things done".
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences).
COLORADO PAY RANGE
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty’s own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.