|Date Posted||July 23, 2021|
ACS Solutions has an immediate need for a Sr. Data Engineer ETL w/ SAP BODSwith experience. This is a Direct Hire and is in Tempe, AZ/ Remote
Job Title: Sr. Data Engineer ETL w/ SAP BODS
Job Location: Tempe, AZ/ Remote
Job Duration: Full Time/ Direct Hire
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary data concepts, strong understanding of Enterprise Data Warehouse (DW) concepts, EDW Data Modeling, SQL (strong) and requirements analysis.
- Experience and strong understanding of ETL design principles required in building an enterprise data warehouse, including an understanding of the relationship between different data warehouse architectural layers, constructs and data design concepts.
- Experienced working in onshore/offshore model; able to coordinate with offshore team, allocate and review team deliverables and provide feedback.
- Hands on experience with scheduling tools like Redwood, Control-M or Tidel
- Good understanding of database and data warehouse concepts. Should have hands on experience on major RDMS such as Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres. Should have awareness of NOSQL databases.
- Analyze data requirements, complex source data, data models, and determine the best methods in extracting, transforming and loading the data into the data staging, warehouse and other system integration projects.
- Analyze business requirements and outline solutions.
- Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures.
- Create or update technical documentation for transition to support teams.
- Develop, Contribute and adhere to the development of standards and sound procedural practices.
- Proactively communicate innovative ideas, solutions, and capabilities over and above the specific task request
- Effectively communicate status, workloads, offers to assist other areas.
- Collaboratively work with a team and independently. Continuously strive for high performing business solutions
- Participate in design review sessions and ensure all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications.
- Ensure data quality throughout entire ETL process, including audits and feedback loops to sources of truth.
Competencies & Experience Required/Desired:
- 8+ years of Software/Data Engineering experience in ETL design, development, optimization & testing using SAP Business Object Data Services (BODS)
- 5+ PL/SQL , Complex SQL Tuning, Stored Procedures, Data Warehousing concepts and best practices etc.
- Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS), Informatica PowerCenter 10.2/9.6.1/9.5.1, Informatica IDQ Analyst and Developer.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities. Results oriented. Relies on fact-based logic for decision-making.
- Preferably have exposure to cloud technologies (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) related to data ingestion tools, CI/CD processes, Cloud architecture understanding, Big Data implementation.
- Experience in banking and/or large financial institutions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to discuss complex technical concepts with Developers as well as end users
- Should be analytical and able to improvise configuration and code to adopt to new situations
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new things with initiative, curiosity and courage
- Ability to work within diverse global and virtual teams including flexible schedules as needed
- Good communication skills, written and verbal in English
- Well organized and can take direction and work independently
- Strong team collaboration skills