|Published||July 4, 2023|
TekWissen Group is a workforce management provider throughout the USA and many other countries in the world. Our client is the brand name of Deere & Company, an American corporation that manufactures agricultural machinery, heavy equipment, forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment.
Position : Software Engineer - SAP ABAP
Location : Moline IL 61265
Duration : 16 Months
Job Type : Contract
Work Type : Hybrid
- Works on a product team and supports product design by planning its work, coordinating with others, and writing and testing code to deliver functionality for the complete product or products it supports.
- This level designs complex/significant parts of a system/sub-system or works on a complete product of a broad scope and solves well-defined problems with little guidance.
- May act as a work lead, providing technical coaching to other engineers and support personnel; Recognized as an expert user of critical technology; develops new software functionality for product development.
- Description of the major duties performed in this job.
- Develops, codes, configures, and tests programs and systems.
- Evaluates and implements enhancement design solutions to improve cost, quality, and performance of software applications.
- Analyzes assignments and determines software specifications that must be fulfilled to achieve objectives.
- Executes necessary documentation, as directed, or needed.
- Collaborates with other relevant stakeholders and team members to ensure that features meet business needs.
- Follows industry-standard agile software design methodology for development and documentation.
- Mentors junior software engineers on the team.
- Competencies, technical skills, formal education and relevant work experience critical for successful individual performance of essential functions.
Competencies and target level:
- The leadership level of the job determines competencies in the client Competency Model. Resources can be found in the Talent Central Self Service Portal.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Specialized skills, knowledge and abilities needed to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Excellence in verbal and written communication forms with emphasis on persuasive communication, tact and negotiation. (Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.)
- Ability to analyze, translate, and define business requirements into technical solutions. (Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.)
- Ability to apply engineering principles and concepts for designs. (Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.)
- Ability to manage many competing priorities/requests in a fast-paced environment (Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.)
- Formal education or training required to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Includes degrees, certifications, licenses and/or registration requirements.
- Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or equivalent experience. (University Degree (4 years or equivalent))
- Degree in an Information Technology discipline or equivalent experience. (University Degree (4 years or equivalent))
Relevant work experiences:
- Type and amount of experience necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- May include specific roles and/or an understanding of a particular function, organization, industry or product line.
- Product design, test and/or analysis experience. (4 - 7 years)
- Previous experience in programming/software development. (4 - 7 years)
- Software development processes experience. (4 - 7 years)
- Participating in Agile Development (4 - 7 years)
- Experience working in an Agile Environment (4 - 7 years)
Required Skills, Knowledge, & Relevant Work Experience
- 7+ years of ABAP development environment (Object Oriented ABAP) and SAP NetWeaver Gateway experience
- Demonstrated working experience with BAPIs, BADIs, ALE, RFCs, IDOCS, Enhancements, SmartForms, Dynpro, ECC 6.0, and/or User exits (development functions) and technical change management tools
- 3+ years of experience supporting solutions by answering general questions, resolving break/fix issues, and working on process enhancements
- 1+ years of TDD, automated test script creation experience utilizing ABAP Unit, Worksoft, SAP ATC, Cypress, Puppeteer etc
- 1+ years of experience with Agile/Scaled Agile methodology and full life-cycle development
- Ability to analyze business requirements and define/document technical solutions
- Interpersonal communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Applications development environment, database, data management and infrastructure capabilities and constraints knowledge
Desired Skills, Knowledge & Relevant Work Experience
- Experience in Order Fulfillment, Order Processing, SAP Sales and Distribution, Materials Management, Vehicle Management System (VMS)
- Experience with Java web development with Spring and RESTful APIs
- 1 or more years of experience with DevOps principles and lean development such as Continuous Integration (e.g. GitHub) and Continuous Delivery (e.g. Jenkins, Active Control etc.)
- Working understanding of design patterns and loosely coupled architectures
- Experience configuring and implementing system execution/quality monitoring tools like AppDynamics, Grafana, Graylog, SAP Focused Run, SonarQube, nGeniusONE etc.
- SAP UI5/Fiori experience
- Understanding of SAP HANA database administration
- Experience in SAP Cloud Platform
- Experience with Public Cloud services in AWS and/or Microsoft Azure
TekWissen Group is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity.