Senior SAP Payroll Consultant
|Published||August 3, 2018|
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN CHICAGO, IL - POSSIBLE RELOCATION BENEFITS AVAILABLE
The Senior SAP Payroll Consultant is responsible for producing solution design, documentation and successful delivery of Payroll with expert attention to all architectural qualities for an effectively working Human Resource (HCM) system. The Senior SAP Payroll Consultant must have extensive experience in configuring and custom development with excellent functional and technical skills. Should be able to work with the business to understand their needs and coach them on the appropriate solutions, while at the same time; work with technical support team to drive them to an efficient technical solution design.
- Work with the Business Analyst, operations and the client to identify their requirements, design enhancements and functionality to help meet user requirements.
- Organize and facilitate problem-solving discussions with the client, internal operations team, and project managers to resolve issues requiring a focused approach to maintain project continuity and requirements.
- Performs configuration work as needed to support new and existing functionality
- Function as resident team expert for all configuration issues (both support and project) within their areas (modules) of expertise
- Prepare functionality specifications and delivers to ABAP developers
- Responsible for understanding Functional Specifications followed by writing corresponding Detail Design Specifications
- Responsible for developing high quality solutions based on completed Functional Design Documents
- Responsible for reviewing the unit test plans and the quality assurance plans to ensure all requirements have been met
- Work with the user community to determine the best solution to help resolve customer problems and satisfy customer requirements
- Collaborate with the ABAP developers and the quality assurance team to develop and test significant new functionality and enhancements
- Perform integration testing work as necessary to insure that new functionality or enhancements do not adversely affect existing functionality
- Coach and Mentor Junior SAP Functional Analysts
- Provide oversight to various SAP Projects to assess overall impact on shared instance
- Configure based on business requirements the SAP Payroll module
- Utilize ASAP methodology and tasks required during each phase of the implementation
- Follow all design work and integration testing protocols, change control procedures, uses standards, procedures, and practices in performing required work.
- Analyze current business processes and make recommendations
- Identify SAP solution possibilities and discuss with business users
- Develop a specific SAP Solution from Blueprinting, Configuration, Testing and Production Support
- Assist in the technical preparation of Business Process Procedures, Test Scenarios, End-user documentation, and User manuals.
- The Functional Analyst will work with minimal supervision. The analyst will be required to lead local and regional SAP module review session, requirement gathering session, facilitate requirements meetings, development walk through, and user acceptance testing sessions with the client.
- Be Accountable
- Solve Problems
- Take Ownership
- Be Client Centric
- Be Effective
Supervisory Responsibility: No
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
Up to 25%