|Published||August 10, 2018|
The Senior Enterprise Application Management Analyst is part of a team responsible for ongoing support of business applications, including cloud-based solutions, and both package and custom solutions. Act a subject matter expert on the assigned supported applications and will contribute to key technical processes. Work closely with other IT staff (project managers, business analysts, software developers, IT infrastructure and operations team members) and third-party vendors, as applicable. Responsible for timely restoration of services and fulfillment of business requests thereby meeting service level commitments and continuous service improvement.
Configure, maintain, upgrade, deploy and install applications and/or application changes in compliance with software development life cycle procedures.
Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the assigned applications to include providing application support for systems of responsibility: log and track issues to resolution; perform analysis of issues to either resolve or escalate; identify workarounds where necessary, communicate & coordinate with vendor support teams and internal IT staff.
Lead and/or participate in planning, implementation and testing of package software upgrades and configurations of available package software features and functions.
Organize and prioritize tasks per an established timeline and follow-up to ensure appropriate completion.
Provide knowledge transfer / training within the team, share best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of customer support and contribute to the knowledge base.
Create and maintain support documentation related to in scope application support issues. Develop and maintain standard operating procedures as appropriate.
Partner with IT teams on limited custom development as needed.
Serve as a resource in technical field of knowledge. Provide guidance and direction to other team members.
Identify and recommend improvement of applications support processes.
Utilize analytical and problem solving skills to investigate, document, and resolve application issues in a timely and courteous manner.
Create change request documents and work collaboratively with the QA function during integration testing and software release. Ensure all production changes are made in accordance with lifecycle methodology and risk guidelines.
Provide operational support by investigation, documentation, and resolution of application issues for the business area and corporate departments Complete root cause analysis and lessons learned activities as required.
Research, evaluate and stay current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies; maintain skills and capabilities through education, training and hands-on experience.
Provide coaching to other team members. Provide constructive suggestions as to recommended training, work approach, procedures and templates. Participate and provide input on the hiring and selection process. Coordinate and conduct team cross-training.
- Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Strong organizational, time and stress management skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting ability with strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions
- Ability to be on-call 24/7/365 when required
- Proven ability to learn quickly and independently train themselves on existing and new technologies and technology platforms
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a technical discipline preferred (e.g., engineering), or technical certifications, or related experience
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Database systems experience (e.g., SQL 2008/2012)
- Ability to review detailed log files to quickly identify problems
- Experience with upgrading software packages, and the planning required
- Experience with troubleshooting and supporting business applications
- Proficiency with standard support frameworks
- Experience developing software
- Working knowledge with various batch script languages and command line operations for Windows and Linux operation systems
- Fluent in all appropriate debugging and performance analysis tools
- 5+ years of SAP related work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in one or more SAP modules/capabilities:
- Finance - FI/CO
- Supply Chain - MM, SD, WM, SCM
- SAP Retail/IS-Retail
- Point of Sale - POSdm