|Published||September 20, 2018|
|Location||Lake Mary, FL|
Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for leading American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Senior SAP Developer - ABAP Programmer for our client in the Energy domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract-to-Hire position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 3 Months Contract-to-Hire
Location: Lake Mary, FL
Compensation: Best Market Rates
Role: Senior SAP Developer - ABAP Programmer
Primary Skills: ABAP
Role Description: The Senior SAP Developer - ABAP Programmer would need to have at least 8 years of experience. In this role as the Senior SAP Developer, you must be focused on delivering the business objectives through Hands on SAP development estimation, technical documentation, ABAP/Smartform/workflow program development and maintenance.
Must be proficient in problem solving using detailed program analysis and quickly implement a technical development resolution.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with SAP Business Analyst to understand the functional business requirements and document the technical requirements that will be used to develop an efficient solution to the business objectives.
- Help analyze business issues and debug any program issues that arise
- Help define and maintain best development standards for all programming activities
- Document development changes and procedures for successful development execution
- Provide development estimations for the business based on business requirements, suggesting alternative solution methods where possible.
- Avoid any application customization and use standard SAP user exits when possible
- Perform solid unit testing of all development items prior to passing the development items to the business analyst for minimal changes
- Help debug programs not working
- Work with business Analyst to help create all documentation
- Help with applying patches, OSS notes, upgrades
- Implement performance tuning changes
- Responsible to document and support SAP integration to other applications such as Concur, Kronos, Hyperion, ACH, 3rd party providers, SharePoint, etc.
- Experience in Mobile applications is a plus
- Responsible and accountable for meeting business defined deadlines
- Recommends options or solutions that meet the business needs and desired functionality
- Applies quality standards to work products.
- Identifies and solves problems using analysis, experience, and judgment.
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
- Minimal travel.
- Strong SAP ABAP software development and ABAP Workbench navigation experience – at least 8 years
- Demonstrated proficiency SAP ECC6 with solid experience in at least 2 of the following SAP modules: FI, CO, AA, SD, CS, MM, WM, IM, PP, PS, QM, PM is required.
- Previous hands-on configuration is desired.
- Must have gone through at least 1 full SAP implementation lifecycle
- Demonstrate analytical competency.
- Strong analytical and model development skills required
- Self-motivation and ability to relate and work well with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Requires a self-starter with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and take ownership of projects, performing job requirements with minimal oversight and high attention to detail
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and meet demanding deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple duties/projects at one time.
- Provide training to other developers as well as lead workshops and knowledge transfer
- Set standards and implement process improvements
- Timely and efficient help desk ticket resolutions
- Able to mentor and guide other developers with standards and problem-solving techniques
- List Processing and ALV report programming
- SAP Scripts and Smartforms layout set development.
- User Exits, enhancements/modification programming
- RFC, Workflow, IDOC, Web Services, GuiXT
- Object Oriented programming - Mandatory
- LSMW workbench, BDC programming, Data migration and interfaces
- BAPI, BADI, Enhancement framework
- Experience integrating SAP with third party SQL Server based systems and applications.
- Object management using SPDD and SPAU during hot pack and release upgrades.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrates leadership initiatives and team work
- Experience in execution of project life cycle methodology.
- Proper planning and prioritization is a must in this role.
- Strong communication skills, as resource will be talking to functional team and writing requirements specification (technical)
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Support ISO compliance and initiatives.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Prepare/lead training, change management and information sessions for end users.
- Manage own workload, accurately estimate effort for tasks, and work with business users on priorities/goals, and work towards meeting those goals.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
Knowledge, Skills & Education:
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (BS or BA) in IT or equivalent.
- Strong controls and process improvement experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to interact and effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math skills required.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must have experience trying to standardize different business process.
- Excellent PC skills
- Experience with SAP, and Microsoft Office
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field
Experience: Minimum 8 years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Pratik Raj
Recruiter Phone: 877.884.8834 (Ext: 2313)
Equal Employment Opportunity