|Published||September 12, 2023|
This position provides analysis, design, programming, and support of key components of SAP application platform in an efficient and economical manner throughout the company.
The developer will be involved in all aspects of the product life cycle including requirements gathering and analysis, design, implementation, application testing and maintenance. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required. The developer will be able to both work independently and also contribute by mentoring/collaborating with others on SAP best practices and solutions.
The developer will possess a strong business processing acumen, along with excellent problem-solving and debugging skills, be highly motivated, have the ability to draw upon professional experience, share knowledge, possess strong organizational skills and demonstrate attention to detail.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Senior SAP Developer completes the following essential functions within established company and department policies, procedures, deadlines, and budget constraints.
- Perform analysis, design, implementation, and support of SAP system. Analyze methods of obtaining identified information, analyze relevant information and explore alternatives, prepare system design and program specifications to meet user requirements, design appropriate forms and reports, test and implement solutions within established timeframes meeting user requirements.
- Define and incorporate system security and control procedures, prepare documentation and train users on assigned applications. Also perform subsequent maintenance and enhancements as necessary.
- The Senior SAP Developer will be able to both work independently and also contribute by mentoring/collaborating with others on SAP best practices and solutions to enhance a stronger team.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
To be successful in this position requires business and technical knowledge gained through the successful completion of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, or relevant industry experience in SAP software development.
- 8 + years extensive hands-on ABAP development expertise including: interface development, enhancements, function modules, classes and methods, reports and SmartForms.
- Expert experience in data dictionaries and data access using SQL in an SAP/Oracle environment.
- Advanced proficiency of business processes applicable to various modules in SAP - PM, MM, FI, CO, and PP is necessary. SAP certifications preferred in modules PM, MM, FI, CO and PP.
- Strong technical and functional design skills as well as experience with creating repeatable processes and code base that will support future growth with minimal customization requirements.
- Experience with developing and supporting interfaces between SAP and non-SAP systems/applications.
- Expert on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) concepts and techniques including change control management and testing techniques.
- Effective oral and written communication and organizational skills are required. Ability to communicate problems and solutions to teammates and users is a required. Excellent documentation capabilities (functional requirement document, technical specification, testing scripts, etc.) are required.
- Experience with SAP web technologies like SAP Fiori, UI5 or NetWeaver Portal is preferred.
- Design, build, and test SAP ERP (ECC 6.0) application extensions, including customized reports, utilities, interfaces, and forms, using a combination of ABAP, SmartForms, function modules, classes and methods, BAPIs, BADIs, BDCs and other SAP technologies.
- Support and maintain existing business systems, interfaces, and integrations.
- Translate business and functional requirements into cohesive technical specifications and strong solutions.
- Collaborate with other developers, analysts, and business partners sometimes in remote locations to gather requirements, provide status updates, participate in code reviews and team meetings, and collaborate on cross-platform data sharing solutions.
- Work closely with the SAP Basis team to monitor, test and tune application components for optimized performance and integration.
- Maintain technical knowledge of SAP application components and architecture. Remain current with technology trends and IT best practices for SAP development and configuration.
- Work with project managers and system analysts to properly define/clarify business requirements and provide development estimations.
- Conceptualize and prototype appropriate solutions, presenting them to the development team. Collaborate with peers on design implications and work with them to resolve issues.
- Document the design of the business components and database objects required to implement the solution.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects, which may require after-hours support.