|Published||July 14, 2022|
Reporting to the Architect, Finance Technology, this position will be part of the Enterprise Solution Management group within Central Information Services. The Senior SAP Costing Analyst (remote) has significant responsibilities related to developing, supporting, and leading multiple IT initiatives and systems in the Record to Report Function. In addition, the Senior IT Analyst provides direction to other members of the team (including onshore and offshore consultants), to ensure successful delivery of both business and technical capabilities. They work closely with key stakeholders and maintain high-quality standards while operating in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment.
At Central, we are continually looking for new and innovative approaches in business analysis and the integration of cutting-edge technology to support our operations in product development, engineering, supply chain, and manufacturing. We believe speed, accuracy, and efficiency are critical to our success. This position will develop your knowledge in many aspects of Central’s core operations and IT systems. You will have the opportunity to actually see the direct impact of your work! You will solve real business problems and provide solutions to actual people who work with you daily.
The location for this position is flexible and can be fully remote or hybrid out of our Schaumburg, IL, Atlanta, GA or Dallas, TX locations.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Application Support – Ensure that all requests for support are dealt with according to set standards and procedures. Develop and update procedures and documentation for application support.
- Business Process Improvement – Analyzes business processes; evaluates alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommends new approaches, typically seeking to exploit technology components. Develops business requirements for the implementation of both minor to significant changes in organizational mission, business functions and process, organizational roles and responsibilities, and scope or nature of service delivery based on business needs.
- Configuration Management: Maintains secure configuration. Applies tools, techniques and processes to track, log, report on, and correct configuration items, components and changes related to the SAP FI and CO Modules.
- Development Testing: Coordinates and manages the planning of the system and/or acceptance tests, including software security testing, within a development or minor enhancement project. Takes responsibility for the management of all testing activities within a development or integration project.
- Problem Management: Ensures that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services. Ensures that such problems are fully documented within the relevant reporting system(s). Leads the development of problem solutions.
- Relationship Management: Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans.
- Requirements Definition: Leads scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives. Evaluates and selects the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative, ensuring traceability back to the source. Evaluates requirements for fitness for purpose as well as adherence to business objectives and consistency, challenging positively as appropriate.
- Work independently with assigned business partners to understand their needs, document requirements, recommend solutions and deliver solutions.
- Works with project PM, prepares detailed plans for the project's development through all system development life cycle stages, monitors progress against the plan, and keeps supervisor informed of significant problems or difficulties encountered during project management.
- Ability to facilitate blueprinting workshops, conduct gap analysis, develop functional specifications and understand all phases of the project life cycle.
- Initiates and conducts formal and informal functional design and test plan reviews with appropriate team members.
- Design configure and test SAP functionality, including existing functionality and enhancements.
- Work with the technical development team to translate business requirements to a final technical solution.
- Develop and support key sap integration points with non-SAP systems.
- Is responsible for the quality of business requirements and functional designs.
- Is a thought leader expected to stay up to date on SAP functionality and advancements and make recommendations regarding improvements to processes and procedures.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience
- 6+ years experience with SAP ECC, Consumer Goods/Manufacturing or Retail Experience preferred Finance and Controlling configuration, implementation and support with a primary focus on Product Costing, Profitability Analysis and Controlling preferred
- Demonstrate knowledge of integration between SAP Finance and Controlling modules and other SAP modules such as Sales and Distribution, Materials Management and Production are key. COPA or COPC experience preferred
- Strong leadership skills in accountability and customer focus
- Proactive and able to catch issues before failures
- Experience interacting with business users and vendors, including vendor management
- Ability to operate across multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent communication skills; feels comfortable working with non-technical business partners
- Work with production support and project consultants in an onshore / offshore model
- Flexibility of providing support during odd hours, weekends, and peak seasons when needed
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong work ethic, desire to learn, and excel
- Upward to 25% travel required (during project workshops, go-lives, training/conferences)
- Flexible working arrangements are available
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China, and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.