|Date Posted||October 1, 2019|
Senior SAP Consultant (Functional Supply)
Are you a dynamic SAP professional looking for a new opportunity? Would you like utilize your SAP skills to do work that will challenge and engage you? Would you like to have an immediate impact and support our ships and sailors for the United States Navy? Are you seeking a long-term contract with the potential to work remotely 50% of the time? GDIT is seeking Mid-level and Senior level SAP Professionals to support efforts at the U.S. Navy Supply Command (NAVSUP) Business Systems Center (BSC) in Mechanicsburg, PA.
NAVSUP BSC is a provider for IT, Information Management, and Information Systems preferred provider for architecture, integrating, sustaining and improving applications, information, and business process services to Navy, DOD, and others. GDIT supports BSC and the Navy’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) program migration to SAP Business Suite. The vision of Navy ERP is to provide the Navy with information technology services to manage its worldwide resources: people, supply, and financials. The integration of financial and supply solutions on a single platform will provide real-time data access and decision support to the Navy Enterprise.
Navy ERP ensures that our sailors receive the support they need to be a \'Global Force for Good.\' By integrating complex business data into a single system, Navy ERP is laying the groundwork for improved management, performance, and readiness across the Navy enterprise. Navy ERP is replacing out-of-date, single-purposed business systems that cost millions of dollars and duplicate thousands of critical transactions. By retiring these older \'legacy\' systems, the Navy is becoming a more efficient business operation, suitable to an organization of over 700,000 people and $130 billion; ninth largest among comparably sized business enterprises in the United States. For the first time in Navy history, finance and supply will be fully integrated to provide real-time information to users worldwide.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior SAP Consultant Functional Supply (OF/SD/M/SCM/PROC), you will perform analytic work in support of systems engineering or planning activities, including the development of preliminary and detailed functional analysis required for ERP systems. Subject matter functional expertise provided includes areas such as inventory management, supply, provisioning, maintenance, transportation, personnel, financial management, and administration. You will have opportunities to introduce innovative approaches and methodologies for processes and support systems. You may have an opportunity to provide leadership to large teams of functional or technical personnel.
Your expertise will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Knowledge and/or Experience of Navy ERP (SAP) financials postings, requirements, dependencies, and impacts
- Experience in sustainment resource planning or work planning, and release scheduling activities supporting all of the following: system change requests, defects, customer reported incidents, system upgrades, system performance tuning and role updates and changes
- Experience in the application of functional and technical expertise to improve the performance of the business; resolution of functional and technical integration issues across SAP module
- Experience in development and configuration of at least one of the following SAP modules: Procurement / Material Management, Order Fulfillment, Billing and Allowancing, Supply Chain Management (including Forecasting and Supply, Parts, and Demand Planning, FLIRR, etc...), Inventory and Warehouse Management, Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S), Supply Master Data
- Experience with SAP technical and/or functional upgrade effort
- Experience in software development lifecycle surrounding requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, documentation, test (unit, functional, integration, regression, stress, and user acceptance), implementation, and post production support of standard and custom business solutions supporting various SAP modules, such as ECC, BW, SCM, SRM, etc.
- Knowledge in new emerging technologies such as SAP HANA or equivalent
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- US citizenship
- Bachelor’s Degree in a recognized technical, engineering, scientific, managerial, business, or other discipline related to area of expertise. Four (4) years of documented relevant experience or an Associate’s Degree together with two (2) years of documented relevant experience, may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of SAP experience
- Twelve (12) years applied experience in specific area of expertise including functional experience with relevant processes in SAP or other Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS)/ERP systems
- Federal experience; preferred is 3 years of Navy ERP (SAP) experience within the past 5 years
- Ability to obtain and maintain an NACLC Clearance (Active DOD Secret clearance preferred)
Potential for 4-day work weeks; 50% remote
This position requires extensive travel for those outside of the Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania area, expected by the customer to be 50% of the work days at the worksite in Mechanicsburg, however it could be more than 50% of the work days. Travel requirements are subject to change. In addition, should this assignment meet the requirements for long-term taxable travel (more than 50% of the work days in a work location away from home state in a calendar year), travel expenses reimbursed by the company will be treated as income for tax purposes.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.