|Published||July 29, 2023|
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an SAP Archiving Architect/Analyst for IBM Consulting, you'll serve as a leader in defining solutions for clients. You'll be the advocate for the client while guiding the technical team to implementation. You will serve as the conduit between clients and technology. You will use your analytical and problem-solving skills, to craft adaptable, comprehensive suites appropriate for each client.
In this role you will provides functional data management support to include the effective planning and execution of Data Archiving. This includes designing, recommending, and implementing data archiving and access control mechanisms and processes. In this position you will be expected to provide expert level business process guidance on Navy ERP’s SAP requirements and design for the Business Office.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Provide archiving expertise to confirm/develop business requirements definition in support of upgrade
- Provide configuration, data migration, interface, and functional support as necessary.
- Lead design of interfaces, conversion programs, reports, and enhancements.
- Develop and maintain systems documentation including business process procedures, functional design specifications, process flows, and test cases.
- Support development of training work products and respond to trainer questions.
- Define user authorization requirements.
- Provide help desk support, assisting and resolving end user support problems, resolving defects (‘break/fix’), analyzing proposed improvements or changes to the Navy ERP archiving solution and system; and
- Prepare/conduct briefings, demos or training sessions as needed.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Advanced SAP consulting experience specifically within SAP data management archiving.
- Ability to perform all activities around an SAP data archiving project including database analysis of sizes in production system, determining archiving / data growth prevention and deletion strategies, writing archiving functional and technical design documents, cutover / execution documents.
- Experience using SAP archiving tools to archive data to Open Text in multiple SAP modules.
- Experience in software development lifecycle surrounding requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, documentation, test (unit, functional, integration, regression, stress, and user acceptance), implementation, and postproduction support of data archiving for various SAP modules (in a Tier 3 environment).
- Experience providing support for production data cleanup efforts via archiving of unwanted data, and support and methodology for data removal aside from archiving.
- Experience with providing extensive documentation of testing methodologies and results.
- Experience with designing and implementing data archiving capabilities across multiple platforms.
- Ability to evaluate performance results and recommend major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Knowledge of new emerging technologies such as SAP HANA or equivalent.
- Federal government project experience required
- Ability to earn a DoD Secret clearance.
- A bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the area of expertise. Additional relevant experience may be substituted for the degree.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in post go-live production support and break/fix
- Customer service experience with the ability to provide responsiveness and sound customer handling skills
- DoD project experience
About Business Unit IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBM IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location Statement IBM offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program. Eligible employees may have access to:
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship Required.
Being You @ IBM IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.