|Published||August 16, 2023|
insightsoftware is a leading provider of reporting, analytics, and performance management solutions. Over 30,000 organizations worldwide rely on us to support business needs in the areas of accounting, finance, operations, supply chain, tax, budgeting, planning, HR, and disclosure management. We enable the Office of the CFO to connect to and make sense of their data in real time so they can proactively drive greater financial intelligence across their organization. Our best-in-class solutions provide customers with increased productivity, visibility, accuracy, and compliance. Learn more at insightsoftware.com.
The Senior Product Manager is the leader and end-to-end owner for a product line within our portfolio of Enterprise Performance Management solutions - and is dedicated to driving its profitable growth with a metrics-driven mindset. This role is responsible for driving the overall product vision and market strategy, business cases, roadmap, and the achievement of financial and customer experience goals. You are the market, customer, and product expert to the rest of the organization for your products' segment. As the leader for your product line, you will develop and execute the commercialization strategy across functions for the products with responsibility for bookings, revenue, and margin. This includes ensuring that all departments are prepared for successful product launches and go-to-market execution.
You are also responsible for the overall product life cycle which includes gathering and prioritizing market requirements, determining the right mix of product initiatives that will maximize portfolio ROI, working with the development team on the delivery of capabilities, and confirming that the result meets the specified requirements and objectives.
Angles for SAP empowers users of SAP-run organizations to know more and act faster in their operational responsibilities contributing to continuous business improvement. The software's embedded, cross-functional intelligence transforms Supply Chain, Human Resource, GRC, and Finance data into actionable business insight. The plug-and-play solution works on any SAP system (ECC and HANA) and will remove the need for time-consuming and expensive BI design and development projects. The Angles solution hides the complexity of SAP's data structure and empowers business users to operate within a culture based on prevention rather than cure. The self-service analytics model allows users to identify and resolve key business issues before the customer even notices, and frees IT resources and funds to focus on more strategic initiative
The successful candidate has a blend of visionary and analytical skills, can account for every dollar we invest in products, how it benefits the customer and creates value, and how/when we make a return on investment.
What will you do?
- Create the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for the Angles for SAP product
- Lead the product integration efforts from driving the GTM strategy to product SKU integration
- Study market trends and market segmentation to ensure we continuously evolve to meet emerging customer and partner needs and take advantage of new technology
- Communicate the product vision to all stakeholders to clearly outline the benefits to end-users and the business
- Make use of data analytics and financial models to prioritize work that will provide the highest return on investment and business value
- Document business and product requirements based on all stakeholder needs and understand the technical specifications
- Work with the Engineering teams to ensure they follow standards, naming conventions, design principles, and consistent development methods so that we can provide our end-users that consume the APIs a superior experience
- Manage the business metrics of the product line (bookings, revenue, margin, gross retention), providing recommendations to improve the commercial performance of our products and ensure financial goals are met
- Extract maximum commercial value from the product line through packaging, pricing, and new feature development
- Drive highly effective customer experience as measured by NPS, understanding and improving the end-to-end customer journey
- Provide ongoing market analysis and action plans by tracking the market and competitive dynamics for the product line
- Identify the customer and market requirements through market analysis, win/loss calls, and voice-of-customer (VOC) interviews
- Drive delivery of market and customer requirements, including definition, prioritization, trade-offs, and execution of release goals
- Design and drive the product roadmap and portfolio for both short- and long-term growth by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, including customers, partners, ISVs, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success
- Execute new product launch plans, partnering with Product Marketing and Sales Enablement to provide product education, demonstrations, and expertise to internal and external customers
- Be the internal product evangelist and a sought-after internal and external market expert and ensures that solutions meet user and business requirements
- Drive and support ongoing sales and customer education and communication programs to ensure full understanding of product features, benefits, and comparisons to competitive products and promote value-based selling propositions
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Commercial product management expertise - Demonstrate a track record of success in B2B product management, with a bias towards the customer experience and VOC
- Strategic/Tactical Balance - Ability to balance the market and product vision with disciplined tactical execution
- Market Focus - Analyze and understand of market segmentation, trends, players and the impact to product commercialization and strategy
- Customer Focus - Analyze and understand voice of the customer (win/loss, NPS, customer interviews) and the impact to customer experience
- Product Focus - Translate market and customer feedback into requirements, driving product delivery through an agile release process
- Cross-functional leadership - Lead and drive execution across Development, Sales, Marketing, Support, and Customer Success
- Drive & Grit - Operate in a fast-paced environment with a focus and determination to achieve high-quality results
- Engaging Presence - Use your interpersonal skills to effectively engage with prospects and customers, getting them excited to speak with you and learn more about their product use case
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering or in a related field
- Product Management experience in Cloud / SaaS Software development with experience in a software company creating or deploying complex enterprise-ready products.
- Very good working knowledge of Cloud Requirements and how Insightsoftware can take advantage of Cloud providers to modernize and enhance the delivery of Cloud Native offerings
- Technically savvy and product experience in data management space, with deep understanding in technology and data architecture like data pond, data lake, cloud, APIs, and AI/ML is a plus.
- Proven ability to coordinate cross-functional groups of people to accomplish product, solution, and revenue goals.
- Knowledge of SAP ECC and S4 Hana implementations is essential.
- Strong product understanding and market background; thorough understanding and familiarity with various BI tools.
- Experience working with distributed engineering and product team is a plus
- Excellent executive-level communication and presentation skills
- Preference will be given to candidates who have worked in agile technology organizations and who can demonstrate experience of successfully helping customers adopt cloud-based products Excellent executive-level communication and presentation skills
- Have experience building complex technical products.
- Typically 20 - 30% travel
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the stated work location. **
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the country where the position is located. **
insightsoftware About Us: Hear From Our Team - InsightSoftware (wistia.com)