|Published||July 16, 2023|
At Materion, everyone is included, respected and offered opportunity to grow. Join us!
The Senior SAP FI/CO Business Analyst works with multiple stakeholders to understand and document the end-to-end business processes and recommends, builds and implements ERP or Digital software solutions to support business processes, interacting with business partners in Materion's Finance organization to support day-to-day operations of the Record-to-Report (RTR) and Procure-to-Pay (PTP) business processes.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Facilitate business process reviews to gather expected business outcomes and functional requirements, document end-to-end processes and business requirements
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications and create the configuration rationale to design and configure SAP applications
- Participate in prioritization of work requests to deliver on business initiatives; create estimates for upcoming projects, minor and major enhancements
- Work with business analyst (peers) to architect cross-functional, integrated solutions across the enterprise to support the strategic vision of One Materion
- Work with the SAP Development team to unit test and deliver SAP Applications by defining and documenting reusable test scenarios, building unit test cases and creating data for unit testing as needed; participate in design and execution of system, integration and performance testing
- Integrating new acquisitions or new plants
- Support the Finance department as a business partner with expert SAP knowledge as they initiate operating improvements
- Set schedules, timelines, scope, outcome/value maps, and other project artifacts; creates estimates for upcoming projects either as primary SAP FI/CO Applications Analyst or in close conjunction with the project manager(s)
- Participate as functional lead during project cutover and performs hyper-care support on SAP FI/CO applications as required
- Understand best practice business processes to ensure compliance and end use support in a highly regulated environment
- Maintain all compliance requirements in solutions delivered including ITAR, DFARS, GAAP rules
- Maintain SOX compliance in all delivered solutions and methods of delivery used
- Provide risk analysis to business partners for proposed solutions, and mitigation options when available
- Support concurrent assignments across applications (such as Workday, Concur, and Ariba) and diverse user groups to resolve system issues
- Document support materials including functional and technical specifications for use within the Applications and Digital Solutions team
- Maintain and develop internal business relationships to influence successful project outcomes, train, and support users on solutions post-production
- Maintain market knowledge of emerging strategies through continuing education, SAP conferences, and ASUG meetings to bring vision and a degree of innovation to Materion
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, MIS, or Financial Accounting. CPA preferred
- AP, AR, COPA and COPC experience
- 10+ years of experience supporting SAP FI/CO modules and related integration with MM and SD
- Minimum of 2 full SAP life-cycle implementations, and upgrades. SAP S/4 HANA Upgrade experience is a definite plus
- Experience with Concur and Workday applications is a plus
- Demonstrated capability and competency in global finance processes, and in-depth knowledge of SAP FI/CO applications such as New GL and IFRS accounting
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all levels of the organization combined with strong technical skills and a passion for understanding and improving finance business processes
- Depth of skills in accounting (both financial and managerial), reporting, analysis, corporate governance, financial supply chain, and treasury management
- Ability to conduct financial implementations from "cradle to grave" using Best Practice methods and tools
- Understanding of local market requirements, languages, and currencies
- Understanding of SOX compliance and internal controls
- Fluent in English, in both verbal and written communications
- ITAR/DFARS compliant
The selection of the person to be hired for this position is contingent on the candidate having export compliance eligibility for access to U.S. controlled technology which comes under the licensing jurisdiction of the U.S. Department of State, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the U.S. Department of Commerce, Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
The candidate selected will have to qualify as either a U.S. citizen, a U.S. National, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., a Person Admitted into the U.S. as an Asylee or Refugee., a National of a country that is not prohibited from having access to U.S. controlled technology (via a letter of assurance), or a Person to be approved for an export license by the governing agency whose technology comes under its jurisdiction. Please understand that any job offer that requires approval of an export license will be conditional on Materion's determination that it will be able to obtain an export license in a time frame consistent with Materion's business requirements.
Materion Corporation and its subsidiaries (the "Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company's policy to not unlawfully discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Please provide complete information. An incomplete application may affect your consideration for employment.