Senior Analyst – Functional SAP SD
|Published||July 23, 2018|
Experienced Information Systems Sales and Distribution (SD)/Logistics Execution (LE) Sr. Functional Analyst, proficient in SAP and other associated business applications implementation, design, configuration, support and upgrades; responsible for gathering and organizing business requirements, analyzing data requirements, performing systems analysis and design activities, and supporting system development, testing, and delivery efforts. This position will be responsible for supporting all phases of the system development life-cycle process for SAP and other associated business application. Applicants must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and prior experience with delivery of SAP applications. Applicants must have strong project management skills with experience in following project management standards.
- Modifies and/or enhances SAP following an established project management methodology.
- Define interface requirements, and work with system vendors on external systems interfacing with SAP.
- Define project scope and objectives
- Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables
- Conduct project meetings and provide project tracking and analysis
- Facilitate and lead analysis and design sessions with functional users and business managers to document procedures and to gather functional requirements
- Create/review and QA functional designs and specifications for configuration, application security, reports, data conversions and interfaces
- Coordinate quality assurance efforts by creating and executing unit, string, integration and user acceptance test plans
- Ensure training materials and user skills are current and coordinate necessary user training.
- Coordinate project cutover, go-live and support
- Research and resolve SAP level 3 help desk incidents in compliance with the Business Unit and IS Management service level agreements.
- Monitor operation of critical business processes.
- Review and test software updates.
- Perform application controls testing for Sarbanes Oxley annual audits
- Perform annual disaster recovery testing
- Possess SAP functional competencies in the Sales and Distribution and Logistics Execution module
- Thorough understanding of SAP implementation methodologies and configuration methods
- Experience with configuration in the area of Logistics Execution, Shipment document types, Transportation planning and shipments- individual/collective, transportation planning point, transportation chain, Shipment cost documents, Shipment cost item categories
- Experience with third party logistics interfaces (TMS, Bourque, EDI 410, EDI 404) and working knowledge with 3rd party vendors
- Experience with implementation of transportation module for Barge and Vessel movements
- Experience with working on SAP output forms on both delivery and Shipment documents (Ex: BOL, Proforma etc)
- Additional skills using EDI/IDoc, SAPScript, or ABAP debugging is a major plus
- Experience with export Order to Cash process is a major plus
- Strong Project Management and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently, as a member of a team, or as team lead
- Strong understanding of application support principles and practices with a focus on customer service
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Good written and oral communication skills
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, science, engineering or related discipline and/or 10 years equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years of hands-on SAP configuration and implementation experience
- Experience working on SAP version ECC 6.0 and Enhancement Pack 8 or higher preferred
- Experience integrating SAP with other enterprise applications
- Experience leading multiple major projects is a plus for this candidate
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Physical and mental demands can be found at the local facility. Contact the EHS&S representative for more information.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel up to 25% including air travel or auto travel.