|Published||July 27, 2018|
Our client located Northeast of Indianapolis is looking for a Senior Accountant to initially help with a SAP implementation then transition to a true Senior Accountant role upon completion. This position will be working with management, on the ground floor of implementing the new ERP system. They offer an excellent work environment with a very knowledgeable team. They are a well-established company with good benefits and compensation.
Initially, this position’s focus will be to prepare the finance department and assist the rest of the company with SAP implementation. This position will be primarily responsible for learning and testing transactions and communicating internally and with the parent company to facilitate the implementation.
Specifically, the candidate will:
- Learn and test all A/P, A/R and general ledger transactions in the SAP test system. Problems will be communicated to parent company.
- Be the main finance SAP contact/coordinator with operations, purchasing, shipping/receiving and sales
- Train colleagues to use SAP finance processes
- Manage the SAP implementation process under the supervision of Controller and in partnership with parent company
- Assist in cleaning up old customer and vendor database for integration
- Work with customers and vendors to get bank information to receive and send payments electronically through SAP
- Assist in helping to find and select a document management system provider to add on to SAP
After the conversion process is complete, this position will become more routine and will do the following things:
- Assist in preparing monthly financial statements
- Prepare, analyze and disseminate machine cost reports
- Analyze profit and loss deviations
- Assist in preparing annual budget and monitoring performance
- Prepare for annual audit as well as state and federal audits
- Approve invoices
- Reconcile Bank, A/P and A/R accounts
- Balance inventory
- Process expense reports online
- Fill in for A/P and A/R when necessary
- Other projects as assigned