|Published||June 19, 2023|
Boehringer Ingelheim is looking for an SAP professional to work on projects in the United States at our expanding location.
You’ll be part of a regional 9-person-strong team for the deployment and upkeep and of the company’s Warehouse management solutions using the SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) as well as the Warehouse Management (WM) module of our S4 HANA ERP. You’ll be mainly a consultant to users across the region with a focus on United States. Projects and tasks in other countries will be part of the assignment, too.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Your Responsibilities Include\:
- Engaging with business users to analyze, prioritize and govern demands for Warehouse Logistics; you’re responsible for delivering these demands – and ensuring that they realize their intended business benefits.
- Influencing and negotiating scope and requirements with end users, then providing innovative recommendations for process changes and/or technology-enabled solutions.
- Configuring changes, customizing, testing and documenting new solutions; aligning changes with related systems/middleware.
- Managing IT projects/leading project streams from start to end – you’ll define the project scope and the deliverables to support wider business goals and strategies.
- Close relationship to IT Business Consultants working in the Logistics (ILOL) area using SAP WM module on SAP S4 HANA and SAP EWM.
The Challenge & The Impact
The United States is BI’s biggest global territory by far. Not only is it a huge market worth billions of dollars, it’s also one that moves at pace. You’ll need to be able to get to grips with the complexity of the ecosystem and quickly build relationships that enable you to understand the requirements of different stakeholders.
You’ll be communicating with a wide range of audiences with different levels of responsibility, SAP experience and technical knowledge. One day you could be talking to a Supply Chain director, the next a middleware team – it’s a role that will test the versatility of your communication skills.
Working for a pharmaceutical business means that your work has a truly positive outcome. In this role, you’ll ultimately be contributing to improved treatments spanning animal health. What’s more, because this is an independent, family-owned company, you’ll always be working with long-term strategy in mind – not to satisfy investors or make next year’s share price look good.
Benefits of This Job & Responsibilities\:
Interesting, impactful work –This work will change the way the business works for the better. This is interesting work with lots of scope for innovation. Your skills and ideas will be in demand.
Highly visible – you’ll be working strategically with decision-makers across the business, solving supply chain problems that impact our capability to deliver medicines to patients and animals. Your contribution will be noticed; it’s a role that will open doors for you in the future.
Diverse global team – you’ll be part of a diverse, virtual team spanning the globe, supporting users in North America, Central and South America.
Investment in technology – BI is a business that recognizes the power of technology and invests to stay at the cutting edge. You’ll be working with the latest tools and technology, including SAP 4HANA and EWM.
Growth – BI recognize and encourage potential in everyone. Their culture promotes accountability and encourages continuous learning. If you’re ambitious to grow, there are opportunities in this area to move up to architect and managerial roles.
Capability & Skills Requirements
You don’t need experience in the pharmaceutical or medical / pharmaceutical industry but it would be an advantage if you’ve worked in a similarly complex environment or regulated industry.
Senior IT Business Consultant II - Required
- Bachelor/Master’s degree (or equivalent); progressive IT and business experience of 2-7 years is preferred.
- • SAP Logistics (EWM and WM) knowledge
SAP IT Business Consultant I – Required
- Bachelor/Master’s degree (or equivalent); progressive IT and business experience of up to 5 years is preferred.
- SAP Logistics (EWM and WM) knowledge.
Expertise required for this great opportunity at either level\:
- Good business process knowledge – you’ve shown you can apply technology solutions to address business issues.
- Proven ability to manage business priorities and projects across multiple business areas – you’ve successfully completed multiple projects.
- Accomplished communication and relationship-building skills – you’ve worked with senior decision-makers, consultant resources and external creative and technical personnel, preferably in a fast-paced and complex project environment.
- Onsite/Flex*\: This position is considered site based with flexibility for remote working. Working onsite a minimum of 2-3 days per week is required. Remote working norms will be clarified during the interview process. Relocation is available for the right candidate.
Desired for the new addition to our team\:
Experience in JIRA & Confluence (Atlassian suite) and Agile Project Management
Pharmaceutical / medical industry experience, or similar highly regulated environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Boehringer Ingelheim is working on breakthrough therapies that improve the lives of humans and animals. As a leading research-driven biopharmaceutical company, the company creates value through innovation in areas of high unmet medical need. Founded in 1885 and family-owned ever since, Boehringer Ingelheim takes a long-term perspective. Around 52,000 employees serve more than 130 markets in the three business areas, Human Pharma, Animal Health, and Biopharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing.
Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health employs about 3,000 people in the United States, including roughly 600 based at the US Animal Health headquarters in Duluth, GA, just outside of Atlanta. Dedicated to the well-being of animals and people, the company produces medicines for pets, horses and livestock animals.
Culture & Leadership team
Unlike most large pharmaceutical companies, which are listed, the company is private and fully owned by the Boehringer, Liebrecht and von Baumbach families. This is what makes Boehringer Ingelheim unique compared to every other pharma company\: they’re still family-owned. This means that everything they do is with the long-term strategy in mind as opposed to how they can make this year's financial results and share price look as good as possible.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are\:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal\: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person’s actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.