|Date Posted||June 13, 2019|
Contract to Hire
[TEMP to PERM]
The Client's IT team is currently seeking an innovative, adaptable, and results-oriented SAP Test Lead who can manage the testing phases of multiple programs in the SAP platform. The SAP Test Lead is responsible for defining the overall SAP Testing Strategy for the platform. In addition, this role will work with individual projects and programs to define the testing approach, scope, schedule and resources necessary to fulfill our testing requirements. The Test Lead will be responsible to plan, design, create, monitor and manage test cycles and environments for multiple SAP programs as part of the Global Solution Delivery team. The SAP Test Lead will manage dedicated test environment teams that incorporate customer-centric design thinking practices and standard Waterfall & Agile/Lean software development methodologies. This role will report to the Director of Solutions Development within the Client's IT organization.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Own the overall SAP Testing Approach for the portfolio. This includes defining a test strategy, data requirements and planning and managing the environments needed for testing (working with the Basis and Environments team).
- Full responsibility for the planning, management and co-ordination of all SAP testing activities within complex IT projects and evaluating risk potential during all stages of development.
- Working closely with the Business and Technical design leads to establish appropriate test scenarios to achieve the Design target quality objectives.
- Take a leading role in the definition of strategies to ensure the most effective and efficient testing is carried out, including the use of specialized testing tools and techniques.
- Collaborate with end users and project teams, including suppliers to define the strategy. Help to set priorities that balance 'desirable' against 'practical' testing strategies.
- Ensure use of appropriate tooling for requirement, test defect capture and management. Client's recommended tool is Microsoft's Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS). Take responsibility for setting up the project in whatever ALM tool is used by the project.
- Define and document testing scope (functional and non-functional)
- Manage and plan individual test phases and produce or assure phase test plans and exit reports depending on where the responsibility for the test phase lies (Client/ Supplier).
- Review and assure output from suppliers. Ensure suppliers are aware of, and follow, the Client's best practice test processes
- Liaise with SAP Program / Project managers to manage expectations for the testing stages of projects. Agree quality criteria and corrective action
- Ensure that traceability exists between requirements, tests and results for each run and defects and that a suitable process is in place to handle the effect on testing of changes in requirements.
- Report quality metrics each week to project and programs as defined in the Client Test Framework.
- Assess team size and capability. Identify any gaps and should further resource be required, ensure that it is justified and update the Senior Project Manager on any cost impacts/changes.
- Deliver project documentation at appropriate stage gates in line with the Client governance model (the Solution Delivery Framework).
- Define defect management and reporting procedures appropriate to the project. Manage the defect triage process.
- Define and deliver appropriate test reporting requirements.
- Deliver Test progress plus Risk and Issues weekly reports to the project manager and test capability lead.
- Manage the creation and execution of appropriate test cases and schedules.
- Lead and mentor subject matter experts in test execution.
- Create a UAT Test Plan and schedule with the relevant business owners
- Plan UAT testing in, manage the pre-requisites, and assist in creation and risk-based prioritization of business scenarios and support business users with execution of UAT Testing
- Obtain formal sign-off approvals for UAT completion and store these in the project's SharePoint site as part of the project closure requirements.
- Assist with operational readiness testing incorporating various tests such as backup and recovery, security, high availability, resilience, site failover, disaster recovery and performance. Review deployment plans
- Facilitate test planning workshops with all relevant stakeholders
- Statically review or input into training materials.
- Manage resolution of any escalations relating to tests and test quality and escalate any issue that cannot be resolved with the Test Manager's remit.
- Highlight and drive risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions forward from identification through to resolution
- Ensuring that data requirements are managed to support testing
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled