|Date Posted||June 13, 2019|
Our client in Waltham, MA has a 6 month contract role for a SAP Test Lead to manage the testing phases of multiple programs in the SAP platform.
- Responsible for defining the overall SAP Testing Strategy for the platform.
- In addition, this role will work with individual projects and programs to define the testing approach, scope, schedule and resources necessary to fulfill our testing requirements.
- Plan, design, create, monitor and manage test cycles and environments for multiple SAP programs as part of the Global Solution Delivery team.
- Manage dedicated test environment teams that incorporate customer-centric design thinking practices and standard Waterfall & Agile/Lean software development methodologies.
- Own the overall SAP Testing Approach for the portfolio. This includes defining a test strategy, data requirements and planning and managing the environments needed for testing (working with the Basis and Environments team).
- Full responsibility for the planning, management and co-ordination of all SAP testing activities within complex IT projects and evaluating risk potential during all stages of development.
- Work closely with the Business and Technical design leads to establish appropriate test scenarios to achieve the Design target quality objectives.
- Take a leading role in the definition of strategies to ensure the most effective and efficient testing is carried out, including the use of specialized testing tools and techniques.
- Collaborate with end users and project teams, including suppliers to define the strategy.
- Help to set priorities that balance desirable against practical testing strategies.
- Ensure use of appropriate tooling for requirement, test defect capture and management.
- Will work with Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS).
- Take responsibility for setting up the project in whatever ALM tool is used by the project.
- Define and document testing scope (functional and non-functional)
- Manage and plan individual test phases and produce or assure phase test plans and exit reports depending on where the responsibility for the test phase lies.
- Review and assure output from suppliers.
- Ensure suppliers are aware of, and follow, the best practice test processes.
- Liaise with SAP Program / Project managers to manage expectations for the testing stages of projects.
- Agree quality criteria and corrective action
- Ensure that traceability exists between requirements, tests and results for each run and defects and that a suitable process is in place to handle the effect on testing of changes in requirements.
- Report quality metrics each week to project and programs.
- Assess team size and capability.
- Identify any gaps and should further resource be required, ensure that it is justified and update the Senior Project Manager on any cost impacts/changes.
- Deliver project documentation at appropriate stage gates.
- Define defect management and reporting procedures appropriate to the project.
- Manage the defect triage process.
- Define and deliver appropriate test reporting requirements.
- Deliver Test progress plus Risk and Issues weekly reports to the project manager and test capability lead.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)