|Published||August 31, 2023|
SAP Techno-Functional Analyst Principal (Finance)
SAP Techno-Functional Analyst
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today's most innovative thinkers to solve the world's toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That's what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Technical Analyst to join our team specializing in Service for our Distribution Business Segment in Indianapolis, IN.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways.
- Manages improvement for the overall effectiveness of one or more functions. Consults and supports processes, capabilities, systems and data for the function aligned to end-to-end value stream performance goals. Partners to drive improvement activities within the function to deliver performance objectives of
- impacted value streams and improve outcomes for customers. Stays connected within relevant industries to support advancement within the function and position the company for sustainability and growth.
- Coordinates the creation of functional maturity goals in collaboration with business leaders, other functional leaders and end-to-end process owners.
- Identifies and manages the functional excellence strategy and roadmap to achieve functional maturity goals.
- Manages performance metrics for the function that contribute to performance goals of one or more internal value chains or end-to-end processes.
- Coordinates enterprise-level governance of functional processes, systems and data as part of the overall end-to-end framework.
- Supports appropriate functional talent activities including composition of global position profiles, functional competencies, and functional learning and development needs.
- Contributes to the development of the functional learning strategy to include experiential learning, networking, professional associations and formal training courses.
- Utilizes business knowledge and experience to identify growth opportunities for the function to improve outcomes for the customer.
- Sustains operational knowledge of functionally relevant practices, analytics, governance, and quality, knowing who can help customers
- Routinely engages with industry experts and peers, conducting research on best practices.
- Collaborates with end to end process owners and functional excellence peers to prioritize continuous improvement efforts for the function.
- Delivers improvements that are measurable and significant.
- Participates in knowledge sharing to develop enterprise subject-matter expertise in one or more functions.
- Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Strategic mindset - Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Global perspective - Taking a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens.
- Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Optimizes work processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Business insight - Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
- Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Drives engagement - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- Drives vision and purpose - Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
- Manages ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Situational adaptability - Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Organizational savvy - Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent degree required.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Significant relevant experience required, including managerial experience. Prefer strong experience leading strategic and change efforts within a function or business unit; and the ability to make and drive connections across relevant work streams. Solid communication and stakeholder management skills, as
- well as ability to work comfortably amidst ambiguity important for success in this role.
Additional Responsibilities Unique to this Position
- Knowledge of SAP industry best business practices required with relevant experience in Automotive or Manufacturing domains preferred.
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years working across business (Financial and/or Managerial Accounting preferred) and IT with strong project delivery proficiency involving multi-module implementation of SAP ERP solutions with ECC6.0 or S/4 HANA will be key differentiators.
- Required experience in key SAP Lead roles as Functional Lead or Subject Matter expert in SAP Finance and Controlling modules, including understanding of solution design and cross functional integration with other modules of SAP ECC6.0 or S/4 HANA.
- SAP Certification within Finance domain in ECC6.0 or S/4 HANA is essential.
- Inherent in the role is the willingness to take advantage of opportunities for additional relevant SAP Certification, stay on top of industry best practices, and to explore emerging technologies.
- Hands-on SAP FI-CO configuration experience, solution design and build, POC, troubleshooting and production support experience of end users post go-live required.
- Experience must evidence solid base covering subject matter expertise in SAP FICO: Chart of Accounts, AP, AR, GL, Banking, Payment Processing, Cost & Profit Center Management, Product Costing, Profitability Analysis, Planning, Master Data, and Reporting is essential.
- Working knowledge of SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP-Oracle Financials integration will be a game changer.
- Good understanding of SAP architecture, program and practices, along with strong communication, succinct presentation and problem-solving skills, are all required to effectively coach business users, solution architects and financial analysts.
- Must have worked with SAP S/4 HANA projects and phased global implementations at multi-national industries and led technical project teams in an Agile manner for rollouts.
- Experienced in managing partnership with third-party system integrators and other service providers in a project implementation.
- Evidenced abilities to educate first-time SAP users with a wide range of tools including developing and delivering POCs, training materials, and workshops. Create and maintain system documentation including user manuals, process flows, and configuration guides.
- Ability to embed continuous improvement process with team and vendors to deliver high quality service.
- Flexibility to work global hours as per the project implementation schedule is essential.
This position is remote and can be based in US, UK, Europe or India for the right candidate; therefore, no relocation package or assistance is offered.
Salary range is $113,500 - $138,700. Please note that the salary range provided is a good faith estimate on the applicable range. The final salary offer will be determined after taking into account relevant factors, including Compensation and Benefits
a candidate's qualifications and experience, where appropriate.
Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
( Compensation and Benefits (for all locations that don't require transparency)
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.)
Cummins and E-Verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Job SYSTEMS/INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Primary Location United States-Indiana-Indianapolis-US, IN, Indianapolis, Cummins DBU Headquarters
Job Type Experienced - Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt - Experienced
Job Posting Jul 27, 2023, 11:00:00 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Organization Distribution Business
Role Category Hybrid - Potential for Partial Remote
Req ID: 230006NT