|Published||August 15, 2023|
Position: SAP Technical Project Manager
Location: Hybrid Role - on site in Newark, DE a minimum of 2-3 times per week
Your role in our success will be...
The SAP Technical Project Manager (PM) is responsible for all project activities related to Chesapeake's CIS (Customer Information System) implementation project and other SAP and non-SAP projectsThis position is primarily responsible for driving the project to include: ensuring project deliverables are met on time/on budget, focusing on in-depth project planning, facilitating collaboration across teams, and working with third-parties and off-shore teams. The PM will also provide governance, reporting, and tracking of project level metrics as well as manage project risk identification, escalation management and risk mitigation.
What makes us great:
At the heart of our Company is a dedication to delivering energy that drives progress.We put people first, work to keep them safe and build trusting relationships.
What you'll be working on...
- Managing, jointly, with the System Integrator (SI), all aspects of SAP S4/HANA Project life cycle to facilitate successful delivery of the project.
- Overseeing detailed project plans, metrics, work plans, schedules, resource plans, and status reports, financial tracking and reporting.
- Coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of project deliverables/tasks.
- Assessing complex situations and identify viable solutions that create successful outcomes.
- Managing relationships with all stakeholders, including internal clients, SI, and third-party; keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all initiative requirements and deliverables.
- Ensuring proper use of methodology, tools, and procedures.
- Providing subject matter expertise in how to leverage the SAP technology to enable the successful delivery of business requirements.
- Providing guidance, analysis, and recommendations to facilitate decision making around the implementation approach and solution design.
- Collaborating with business operations to define success - process, data, and capability perspectives.
- Collaborating with functional and technical teams to assist in the development of the technical framework to deliver the future state.
- Supporting implementation and maintenance activities.
- Ensuring resource availability and allocation.
- Using appropriate techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Measuring project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Reporting and escalating delays and critical risks to stakeholders as needed.
- Managing the relationships with vendors, system integrators, and project teams.
- Performing and conducting risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation.
- Developing and gaining approval for changes in cost estimates/forecast. Managing cost to plan, gaps and estimate validations; escalating high discovery items impacts.
- Managing third party performance and escalating gaps to plan.
- Preparing and leading Executive Sponsor presentations.
- Overseeing project change control requests ensuring scope changes are managed with the appropriate diligence, approvals, and communication.
- Coordinating the activities, logistics and other tasks for multiple resources on multiple teams from multiple sites.
Who you are...
- Proven working experience as a Project Manager.
- SAP full cycle implementation experience as a Project Manager is required.
- Hands-on, recent experience in SAP S/4 HANA Implementation.
- Proven working experience in the IT / OT sector (Infrastructure, Applications, Security, SAP & ERP related).
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and cloud/web technologies.
- Proven ability to manage and deliver multiple priorities in a constrained timeline.
- Must have excellent leadership skills with ability to influence and negotiate internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent communication skills to include written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Experience in PM tools (Azure Dev Ops, Smartsheet, MS Project).
- Experience in conversion, transition, and transformation projects.
- Self-starter, having initiative and a pro-active personality.
- Can lead on strategical decisions and provide for a comprehensive implementation strategy working with solution architect and line of business consultants and/or subject matter experts.
- Experience in working in various PM methodologies.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft 365 / Office (to include SharePoint, Teams)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 15+ years of experience in IT systems including ERP.
- 10+ years of experience leading SAP ERP or S4/HANA implementations as a Project Manager.
- Demonstrated ability to balance longer term strategic thinking against more tactical execution of shorter-term deliverables.
- Experience with system integration involving ERP, add-on applications, and other partners.
- Strong business process knowledge and business process reengineering experience is expected.
- Working knowledge of enterprise technical infrastructure required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to frequent change.
- PMP certification preferred
- SAP IS-Utilities preferred
- Excellent and dynamic leadership skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and meticulous.
- Ability to interpret data with strong analytical skills.
- Enthusiastic self-starter.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Works well independently and as a team member.
Where you'll be working:
- Hybrid Role - on site in Newark, DE a minimum of 2-3 times per week
Benefits/what's in it for you?
- Flexible work arrangement
- Competitive base salary
- Fantastic opportunities for career growth
- Cooperative, supportive and empowered team atmosphere
- Annual bonus and salary increase opportunities
- Monthly recognition events
- Endless wellness initiatives and community events
- Robust and customizable benefit packages-choose what works best with your life. Options include generous 401k, medical, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, compensated volunteer hours and MORE!
- Paid time off, holidays and a separate bank of sick time!
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce and a culture that promotes a sense of belonging for all employees.We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with a disability that need assistance applying for a position may email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or Ruth Warner, Director, Human Resources Operations at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)