|Published||August 16, 2023|
- **Only those lawfully authorized to work in the designated country associated with the position will be considered.**
- **Please note that all Position start dates and duration are estimates and may be reduced or lengthened based upon a client’s business needs and requirements.**
Title : SAP Technical Programmer/Business Specialist
Start Date: 8/1/2023
End Date: 12/31/2023
Work Location: Greenville, SC 29607
The technical ABAP programmer will work with functional IT leads for implementing new content and supporting production. The associate would work in the agile methodology and framework to deliver specific system enhancements (new content) or corrections (operational continuity). The team runs with monthly releases which restart every 4 weeks. The associate is measured based on a timely and quality delivery of the user-story they are assigned. The top two skills for this position is SAP, ABAP. A nice to have would be webDMPro, Experience with middleware (i.e. KAFKA), HTML, XML. This position could be up to 100% remote depending on the candidate found. Travel is only required on an as-needed basis. This would mean maybe 2 times per year.
Position Purpose/Scope: What are the key objectives of the position?
Manages the full systems development life cycle of projects/programs within area of responsibility. Coordinates and takes the lead role for the technical/functional development and support of SAP IT applications in his/her area of responsibility including Warehouse Management, Yard Management, Quality Management, Plant Maintenance, and/or Inbound Logistics. Plans, designs, develops, and implements efficient IT systems in support of assigned organizational functions. Applies proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
Position Responsibilities/Accountabilities : List the major duties/accountabilities to achieve the positions key objectives.
• Performs planning, analysis, designing, requirements definition, functional design, development, testing and implementation of IT solutions.
• Provides support for difficult and complex system environments.
• Provides support, assistance and training to users.
• Coordinates activities simultaneously for multiple projects.
• Uses ITPM Agile methodology effectively when performing all tasks.
• Meets with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues.
• Ensures compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
• Reviews and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Client Operations Supervisor.
• BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Science, Business or the equivalent of 4 years of experience in an IT application or Infrastructure profession.
• 5+ years of programming experience using a variety of languages and technologies including ABAP/4, SAP UI5/Fiori, SAP BI/BW, Data Warehouses, C++, JAVA, HTML, JSP, J2EE, SQL, Oracle, UNIX/LINUX, XSLT.
• 5+ years of experience planning, analyzing, designing, testing, implementing, documenting and training in a variety of SAP areas, preferably Warehouse Management, Yard Management and/or Inbound Logistics.
• 5+ years of project management experience.
• 5+ years of experience working in a customer service orientated environment.
• 5+ years of experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Project Management training (preferred).
• Training in systems used in area of responsibility (preferred).
Basic = less than 1 year of experience/training needed; Intermediate = 1 – 3 years of experience/some training may be needed; Advanced = 3-5 years experience/no training needed; Expert = 5+ years experience/able to train others.
• 5+ years of functional knowledge in systems in area of responsibility such as SAP R/3 related modules or production systems.
• 5+ years of experience executing and communicating project plans.
• 5+ years of knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
• 5+ years of knowledge of IT infrastructure components - Operating Systems, Networks, Databases, Internet Technologies, etc.
• 3+ years of experience communicating ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Basic knowledge of cost and budget control.
California Pay Equity:
For information and details on pay equity laws in California, please visit the State of California Department of Industrial Relations' website here .