|Date Posted||July 16, 2021|
As an NRG employee, we encourage you to think creatively and proactively about your career choices. Our work environment is dynamic and the career opportunities across our businesses offer variety and challenge. Providing career growth to our own employees is critical to our ongoing success--take charge of your career goals and empower your future!
SAP Functional analyst/configurator who can help design, configure, maintain, enhance and develop SAP applications primarily in SAP IS-U module supporting key back office processes for the utility industry.
Specifically: product development, rate development ,billing, invoicing, bill print, device management, FICA, customer enrollment and service, customer interaction, account maintenance, customer inquiry, commodity market transactions and intercompany data exchange (IDE and IDEX).
Strong understanding of electricity utilities and retail industry as well as the meter-to-cash processes preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, enhance, maintain and support retail-based utility back office processes enhance working within a team-first oriented environment with primarily skilled in SAP ISU and ECC domain.
- In-depth working experience as analyst, functional or techno-functional skillset with exposure in deregulated or regulated electricity markets in US.
- Develop and maintain processes, applications, standard application programs providing business functions, such as online screens, batch reports, creation of applications interface files, and basic WEB knowledge.
- Determine detailed system requirements based on business requirements provided by the Operations groups.
- Configure and test ECC/IUT modifications to support new system development, enhancements, and production support modifications.
- Provide functional specifications to the ABAP personnel for customized modifications that cannot be delivered through ECC/CRM configuration.
- Test ABAP program changes.
- Provide subject matter expertise for the impact assessment and testing of SAP AOPs (Add on Packs) and SAP Release upgrades.
- Develop string test scripts in order to test a group of related functionality.
- Support the development and execution of Enterprise Test scripts.
- Investigate problems reported by the end-users to the Help Desk, resolve production incidents and handle on-call pager if required.
- Help with SAP ISU/CCS day to day production support and related to system issues that arise in the daily operations of the system.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the operations groups in order to assist with problem solving and as a resource for training development.
- Interface with operations team and business teams to realize requirements, existing business processes, resolve issues and determine cost estimates.
- Bachelor’s degree in an accredited four-year college in computer science, software engineering or university or equivalent IT work experience in the utility industry.
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years of SAP development/configuration experience or equivalent IT work experience in utilities
- SAP configuration experience and testing experience
- Development experience suing SAP ABAP, Debugging SAP custom and standard programs
- Familiarity with Texas or North East Market Transactions is a big plus.
- Experience working in a waterfall and Agile framework – SCRUM, KANBAN
- SAP CRM experience – Call Center processes, Telephony Integration, Interaction Center
- Ability to prepare and or presentation design or solution is required.
- Process-oriented and analytical, quality-oriented thinking is a must. The individual will be required to identify logical, rational approaches to business solutions.
- Experience working with end users, taking their business problems and translating them into system requirements.
- Lead / Coordinate a small, well-defined portion of a project or work process.
- Configuration, testing, maintenance, enhancements and or support activities.
- Evaluating user change requests and obtains approval to make modifications.
- Lead project planning sessions with team members to analyze business and technical requirements.
- Conducting unit testing to ensure application meets specifications.
- Working within a system related or operations related front office environment.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Flexibility, dedication, and team-spirit are required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required in order to provide appropriate cross functional support and interaction.
- Ability to attend meetings either remotely or in person and respond to SAP Systems Specialist
- Office environment. Major activities performed on PC connected to Unix, and client/server applications.
- Requirements for telephone consultation & support with clients.
- Duties are performed during standard business hours, but in addition, 24-hour on-call support will require some nights and weekends.
- Willingness to work outside normal business hours as necessary, especially during critical issue resolution and to achieve project milestones.
- Ability to work remotely from a safe location to help support business continuity plan and guideline during any climatic events, disasters and pandemic.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources.