|Published||September 9, 2023|
|Location||San Francisco, CA|
SAP SuccessFactors Consultant
San Francisco CA (94102)
Long Term Contract (1+ Year)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Consults with SFUSD employees, management, and customers and recommends technological solutions to issues impacting business operations.
- Act as a technical and functional lead for SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central HR, Benefits, and Time.
- Works closely with the System Integrator and Independent testers to ensure all changes and enhancements are implemented successfully.
- Help develop and manage the execution of robust test plans, including utilizing software testing tools to perform unit, system integration, and user acceptance testing and manage the execution of robust test plans related to Payroll.
- Ensures all Changes and Enhancements to the system are fully tested and documented.
- Work very closely with the SFUSD Test and Release Manager.
- Create SAP and Workforce tickets for emergencies as needed and works closely with SAP and Workforce consultants.
- Help document SAP SuccessFactors EC, Benefits, and Time Management rules and configurations
- Develop Design specifications related to HR, Benefits, and Time changes/enhancements and configurations to the SAP system and Time processing to strengthen the system for greater efficiency under the guidance of the SFUSD HR, Benefits-Time management staff and Department of Technology Business Applications management, and in alignment with EMPowerSF governance
- Provide technical support, direction, and training to Benefits and Time Mgmt. Operations staff members in implementing changes to the EC, Benefits, and Time procedures
- Liaise with functional divisions, including HR, Benefits, and Time, for functional enhancements, new functionality, and provide ongoing support
- Provide targeted support to HR Leaves and Benefits team to ensure leaves of absence are configured and managed accurately to result in accurate and timely pay
- Review and monitor data interfaces between EC, Time, Accounting and Payroll
- Analyses, monitors, and identifies defects with the HR, Time, and Benefits system functionality and works with functional and technical teams to test defects and enhancements configured in the system.
- Manage and monitor data uploads and data interfaces to ensure timely accessibility to data needed to run functional operations for SFUSD employees
- Serves as HR, Benefits, and Time technical lead for critical system updates and monitors timely implementation of SAP SuccessFactors releases and support packs
- Develop reports and visualizations for functional teams to analyze employee needs
- Identify opportunities for improvement or automation of current business practices and policies
- Handle tickets in Smartsheets and Zendesk, providing Tier 2/3 assistance and analysis for end users, managers, and power users
- Draft and maintain system and application design documentation and configuration documentation
- Use data to improve processes and operations to continuously improve upon existing practices
- Communicate technical concepts to a general audience and other non-technical team members
- Represents HR, Benefits, and Time as the SAP SuccessFactors technical lead in external meetings and activities
- Recommend and support decisions, follows through with instructions, and ensures deadlines are met.
- Provide ongoing support for EMPowerSF HR, Time, and Benefits documentation and training guides
The strongest candidates will have:
- A team focus with a coachable and approachable workstyle
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with configuring and administering SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central HR, Benefits, and Workforce
- Experience with Workforce Time mgmt.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central EC – WFS certification
- Extensive knowledge with SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central HR, Benefits, and Time management (Workforce)
- Excellent at understanding the Business Requirements and making functional configuration changes
- Proficiency with Crystal Reports
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to translate technical requirements into user-friendly, accessible language
- Experience in implementing new systems and tools and/or systems consolidation
- The ability to build strong working relationships and support a positive work environment
- Experience in data visualization (ie: Tableau)
- An organized, efficient, on-time, cost-conscious perspective that seeks to continuously improve
- Knowledge of San Franciscos public schools/urban public schools and a passionate belief in SFUSDs commitment to instructional leadership as a lever toward delivering on the SFUSD Graduate Profile