|Published||August 23, 2023|
Who We Are...
At L.B. Foster, our culture reflects our passion for integrity, accountability, and safety. We have a long history of providing a safe workplace for our employees, striving to be good stewards for the environment, and establishing strong and respectful relationships with our customer and communities. These fundamentals have provided the foundation upon which we have managed our business for more than a century.
We continue to strengthen our culture with a focus on SPIRIT. Within the company lies a spirit of teamwork and innovation that drives a culture around continuous improvement and high performance.
S - Safety
P - People
I - Integrity
R - Respect
I - Innovation
T - Teamwork
As a leading manufacturer, fabricator, and distributor of products for the transportation, construction, utility, and energy markets with locations in North America and Europe, we have been recognized for achievement in manufacturing excellence, financial growth, and our impressive safety record.
We provide rail, construction, and energy markets with innovative solutions to build and maintain their critical infrastructure and landmark projects worldwide.
To learn more about how we're keeping the world moving, visit www.lbfoster.com/en
Serves as the primary IT Liaison to the Corporate Finance/Accounting groups as well as the Business Unit Accounting staff. Working with the Technical Support Team, this role is responsible for the leading the analysis, design, configuration, development, testing, implementation and operational support for SAP applications FI/CO, PS, and related projects. You work closely with the business stakeholders to understand and document the end-to-end business process and develop functional specification to deliver SAP/digital solutions.
Some examples of the work you might do includes...
- Define, Design, and Implement SAP S/4 Financial Accounting and Controlling, Project systems with LB Foster Business Units according to SAP Best Practices and business needs.
- Responsible for the full engagement of Business and IT Stakeholders, including communications, planning meetings, obtaining signoff, testing, training, and other interactions.
- Collect requirements, document business blueprinting, gap analysis, assess risks, report statuses, inform team members of issues, collaborate with team members to resolve problems.
- Ongoing process improvement and optimization of Project Systems, Financial Accounting and Controlling integration points with other SAP modules.
- Collaborate with team members to utilize and optimize reporting in SAP.
- Provide recommendations when there are opportunities for process alignment, simplification, and increased efficiency.
- Knowledge on the end-to-end processes in SAP (Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Record to Report, etc.).
- Conduct user training, develop IT scenarios for the implemented solution and conduct unit testing.
What Do You Need...
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- SAP Certification - FI/CO a plus, PS is a bonus
- 8+ years of SAP FICO and 2+ years of SAP S4/HANA is a plus.
- Experience leading multiple end-to-end SAP Finance implementations in a hands-on capacity SAP (Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Record to Report, etc.) require•Experience with SAP consulting and implementation experience in discreet manufacturing, energy, oil & gas, construction, and rail business.
- Knowledge of S/4 Financial Accounting, S/4 Controlling, S/4 Project Systems, including intermediate level of understanding of project Systems structures and functional capabilities (project definition, WBS element, network/activities, milestones).
- Design and understanding of Results Analysis to support various revenue recognition methodologies (Cost-Based POC, Revenue Based, Units of Completion).
- Ability to design additional revenue recognition methodologies as needed.
- Understanding the use of non-valuated project stock to support actual costing environment.
- Understand Easy Cost Planning functionality and of an Engineer to Order, project-based business model.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of SAP best practices.
- Experience in working and delivering multiple FI/CO efforts of an Enterprise.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Planning, Consolidation and Reporting teams in BPC, SAC and BI environments a plus.
- Strong background in troubleshooting application errors and performance related issues.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure and to manage multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities while dealing with changing priorities.
- Professional knowledge of conception to realization is required.
- Must be able to work effectively with cross-functional groups and a geographically dispersed user base.
- Experience in OpenText, Vertex is a plus.
- Experience leading multiple end-to-end SAP Finance implementations in a hands-on capacity
- Ability to work in a virtual environment in a global organization and to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
Why L.B. Foster? Here are just some of our great offerings:
- Priority on work/life balance and schedule flexibility, including hybrid schedule
- 100% tuition reimbursement
- 401K company match
- Flexible work culture and environment
- Career development and advancement opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)