|Published||August 5, 2018|
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best SAP SR. BUSINESS CONSULTANT professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
The SAP Business Consultant functions as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions. Responsibilities include, among others, performing current state analysis, defining systems strategy, developing system requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementation. This position performs accurate analysis and effective diagnosis of client issues and manages day-to-day client relationships at peer client levels.
- Analyze customers’ business requirements and tailor the use of the system to meet those objectives. Identify and understand end users' (across functions) technical SAP requirements Build and maintain strong end user relationships as single-point-of-contact for all SAP and IT-related matters
- Document and analyze software, and/or system functional requirements from key stakeholders, develop project plans and timelines to successfully deploy solutions, install and configure SAP Business One to meet each client’s individual requirements, assist with data conversion, and provide end-user training and on-going customer support.
- Liaise with key business users for business requirements and translating them into SAP requirements. Liaise with all aspects of production procurement, testing and implementation. Work with SAP developers to custom make SAP Modules to meet the business requirements of buy/sell operations
- Manage the project team, project rollout/implementation and SAP upgrades. Keep up-to-date on product releases and new technologies.
- Provide strategic consultancy support to assigned customers in defining or designing business processes and researching and identifying enabling technologies based on customer requirements; documents existing customer business processes, identifies inefficiencies and recommends improvements for these systems.
- Proactively seeks ways to apply technology to business processes, researching and providing information on technical trends and competitors’ practices relevant to the assigned client business; partners with customers to develop business case justification for applications projects; identifies customer business requirements for significant enhancements to existing systems and for new development projects; translate requirements into business rules and user interfaces; coordinate systems design efforts with end user interactions
- Develop, documents and maintains best practices, project standards, procedures, application, quality objectives and “lessons learned”, including metrics for assessing
- progress; ensures that applications systems are developed in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices; develops and delivers training on and emphasizes the use of established project standards, methodology and quality objectives
- Monitor and report on the status of multiple concurrent project efforts; proactively review and interpret performance against operating plans and standards; provide information and reports to subordinates on interpretation of results and approves changes in plans; present reports on project performance, changes, enhancements, scope variations, and other related matters and/or participate in key management activities and committees advising IS senior management and business unit project sponsors accordingly.
- Performs other projects as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline with an information technology focus. MBA highly preferred.
- Senior consultant roles in more than 4 projects. 6+ years SAP hands-on experience. Knowledge in various SAP modules and experience working on large-scale SAP projects. 8-10 years job specific work experience with demonstrated professional growth and achievement
- Strategic planning and analysis and management consulting experience with strong emphasis on relationship management and resource management
- Business Process re-engineering or process improvement experience with broad-based information systems. Experience utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change and develop efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Project management experience that involves conceptualizing, organizing, planning, and executing large-scale, high dollar and high risk projects from vision through implementation, with diverse stakeholders such as business unit/division, contractors, and vendors, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Positive, self-motivated and an exceptional desire to win. Superior people skills: team-oriented, fast learner and personable understanding of business requirements and functionality
- Understanding of integrated business management systems. Ability to quickly identify and analyze technical risks & impacts and define alternatives & prioritizations to remove technical roadblocks. Ability to manage multiple deliverables independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers and senior management.
- Highly motivated self-starter. Ability to act as an advisor on professional and technical issues with a view towards reaching decisions.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group and to achieve results through team efforts. Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Consistently proven ability to implement projects and contribute to concept development
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.