|Location||44 Vantage Way, Nashville, TN|
|Date Posted||July 20, 2021|
SAP Solutions Architect - MM/PP
Serve as an internal consultant and design architect for SAP/technical solutions within specific process areas including, but not limited to, PP and MM (demand planning, MRP, production order processing, reporting). Work focuses on identifying and analyzing integrated business needs, conducting requirements gathering and defining scope and objectives for SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications integrated with business process/data and IT infrastructure.
What is Great about this Opportunity?
- Work in a high-performing and collaborative team environment that offers work flexibility and leadership engagement
- Join a financially stable, innovative organization with a reputation for quality, service and employee development
- Be an integral part of our Salesforce expansion in a highly visible role, interfacing with senior leadership across all areas of our business
- Responsible for the full systems development lifecycle from requirements gathering through configuration, interaction with the development team, testing, training, deployment, and post launch support
- Develop a deep understanding of A. O. Smith business processes and strategy through collaboration and regular engagement with key stakeholders and process owners
- Translate business process requirements to SAP configuration
- Advise on the management of configuration and testing across the SAP environment
- Support the identification and implementation of process improvement opportunities that support organizational strategic vision and priorities
- Collaborate with other functional architects and business analysts to ensure end-to-end process integration and consistency
- Understand non-SAP business systems and their interaction with SAP. Assist in the support and management of those systems as part of our overall solutions portfolio
- Collaborate with the Master Data Management team to provide solutions architecture input on strategy and initiatives to support management reporting requirements
- Carryout production support of live SAP environments required
- Create and maintain business reports and generate report definition documents
- Bachelor’s Degree, Supply Chain or Information Management preferred; will consider experience in lieu of degree
- Strong knowledge of SAP MM and at least one year of configuration experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to lead design/blueprint workshops, SAP Configuration, Custom Development, Cutover Activities, Data Migration, Testing and User Training and hyper-care support experience
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Must know when and where to use appropriate data; recognize when data is misleading, misrepresented or incomplete; effectively create, read and interpret charts, and graphs; use critical thinking skills when analyzing data; and employ “data storytelling” techniques when talking with people who lack data literacy skills
- Strong relationship building skills, internally within IT and with business users
- Capability to lead or execute complex assignments and projects independently
- Experience in conducting business requirements workshops and driving process discussions
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, BI, or other reporting software is preferred, not required
- Experience with PP-FI integrations (Cost accounting, inventory accounting, inter-company processing) preferred, not required
- Knowledge of PP-MM integration (MM fields impacting PP) preferred, not required
- Experience with demand planning within or out of SAP preferred, not requried
- Ability to troubleshoot systems issues (i.e.: ATP situations and MRP issues as they relate to PP/SD) and to coordinate with other process experts to resolve integrated issues
Competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance.
Water technology is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world. As a leading global water technology company, A. O. Smith Corporation (NYSE: AOS) is at the center of the trend. We are a $3 billion company with over 140 years of history and more than 16,000 employees worldwide. Our emphasis is on hot water and clean water; we are one of the world’s largest manufacturers of residential and commercial water heating equipment as well as a supplier of water purification products in a number of emerging countries.
With manufacturing operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, India, and Europe, we have the global reach to serve customers worldwide. A.O. Smith is committed to continuous improvement and maintaining a culture that values and respects our employees. We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future. If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build an amazing career at A. O. Smith.
This role is located in our modern Nashville IT office, located just minutes from downtown in Metro Center, with easy interstate access and free parking.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Please apply at: