|Published||August 13, 2023|
|Location||San Jose, CA|
At DXC we use the power of technology to deliver mission-critical IT services that our customers need to modernize operations and drive innovation across their entire IT estate. We provide services across the Enterprise Technology Stack for business process outsourcing, analytics and engineering, applications, security, cloud, IT outsourcing and modern workplace.
About this role:
SD Support specialist, responsible for the successful functioning, optimization, and ongoing administration of multiple SAP applications. The focus of this role will be on SAP SD solutions.
- Responsible for delivery of assigned tasks within the delivery cycle of a project.
- Understands a broad spectrum of the companys technology in order to deliver part of a detailed technical design, which meets customer requirements.
- Tasks may include installing new systems applications; updating applications, firmware, and drivers; creating boundaries for as well as performing configuration and testing activities; applications programming for assigned modules within a larger program; assisting in the preparation of technical presentations and demonstrations; and participating in customer meetings.
- Works with minimal direction from the technical lead and with customer nominated representatives to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Contributes to design for specific deliverables and assists in the development of technical solutions.
- Participates as part of a team and maintains good relationships with team members and customers.
- Understands the company strategy and the role that the individual plays.
- Uses knowledge tools and re- uses information for the benefit of projects, and of professional development.
- Resolve issues throught incidents raised by customer,
- Serves as the SAP subject matter consultant supporting SD teams and ensuring best practices are applied by SAP users to ensure the input data is transacted using SAP best practices and policies.
- Researches and maintains knowledge of emerging data structure tools and technologies for possible application to the business.
- Experienced with SAP SD support including process analysis, documentation, training organization & delivery, end-user support.
Education and Experience Required: Graduate of Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar/related IT course or equivalent to 2 years business/technical experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- SAP L2 Consultant should be able to identify issues and problems, contextualize them appropriately, and proffer appropriate solutions and responses consistently.
- Should be able to think and act strategically, Good problem-solving skills and focus on quality.
- A consultant in SAP Sales & Distribution is expected to have the following skills:
- High customer and service orientation - Providing help and answers to the customers technical issues through identification of the problem itself, research on answers and resolution. - At best, practical help desk or customer support experience (As a Plus)
- Excellent communication skills: A consultant is expected to communicate effectively with senior individuals from the client, junior team members from his/her team, co employees at the same level & senior managers above his/her level.
- Excellent engagement skills: Should be able to engage with individuals at all levels within the organization and from the client.
- Knowledge in area of Specialization: 1-2 Years of Hands-on experience in SAP Sales and Distribution and SAP thorough Know-how (As a Plus)
- Fluent written and spoken English skills.
- Familiar with Incident, Problem and Change Management process methodology ITIL (As a Plus)
Joining DXC connects you to brilliant people who embrace change and seize opportunities to advance their careers and amplify customer success. At DXC we support each other and work as a team — globally and locally. Our achievements demonstrate how we deliver excellence for our customers and colleagues. You will be joining a team that works to create a culture of learning, diversity and inclusion and are dedicated to strong ethics and corporate citizenship.
At DXC we have a People First strategy and a Virtual First model. In managing COVID-19, our actions are focused on the health, safety and well-being of our colleagues and their families and our approach is to encourage and support masking, testing and vaccination. The majority of our workforce now works remotely and will continue to do so. We recognize that requirements and availability around masking, testing and vaccination vary by location, and we continue to monitor and conform with government regulations and customer requirements specific to each location.
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) helps global companies run their mission critical systems and operations while modernizing IT, optimizing data architectures, and ensuring security and scalability across public, private and hybrid clouds. The worlds largest companies and public sector organizations trust DXC to deploy services across the Enterprise Technology Stack to drive new levels of performance, competitiveness, and customer experience. Learn more about how we deliver excellence for our customers and colleagues at DXC.com .