|Location||San Antonio, TX|
|Date Posted||March 19, 2021|
Valero provides the energy to take people anywhere they want to go around the globe. Our 10,000 employees work together as a team with the single goal of maintaining our status as a top petroleum refiner and ethanol producer. As an employee at Valero, not only will you have an opportunity to impact people’s lives through the products we manufacture in a safe, reliable environment, you will also be a part of a culture that thrives on positively impacting the people in the communities where we live and work.
As an SAP S/4HANA Developer you will be part of a project team that delivers high quality, low maintenance software solutions that are fast and efficient to achieve defined business goals. You will have significant influence on application design and architecture while creating custom applications that support strategic initiatives and build value for Valero. Working in close collaboration with end-users, and your teammates throughout our IS departments, you will develop system functionality using S/4HANA technologies and Fiori design principles to enable and empower business objectives.
As a Developer on the Application Development Services team, you are a member of a select team that has the ability to make an impact within many of the different departments within Valero.
Key Competencies :
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Interpersonal Skills
Our goal at Valero is to continue to be the premier manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of quality transportation fuels and petrochemical feedstocks, while serving the needs of our employees, communities and stakeholders.
You can help achieve this goal if you can :
- Demonstrate passion for continuous improvement and accountability
- Transform business requirements for large scale systems into technical solutions
- Partner with developers, business analysts and end-users to deliver efficient solutions
- Demonstrate strong programming and analytical skills with a creative, user-focused mindset
- Plan and execute complex development efforts to deliver great quality on schedule
- Be organized and communicate effectively through written and verbal methods
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
Successful candidates will have :
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Information Technology or related field required.
- A minimum 5 years of object-oriented development using either SAP ABAP Objects, Java or C# required.
- A minimum 5 years of working with relational databases, SQL scripting and data modeling required.
- A minimum 5 years S/4HANA technologies such as Core Data Services (CDS) and OData services using the Netweaver Gateway required.
- A minimum 5 yearsExperience with enterprise web application design and development utilizing SAP UI5 with Fiori design guidelines required
The most competitive candidates will have :
- Oil and gas industry experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ Experience with any of the following :-WebDynpro/FPM technologies preferred.
- ABAP- Managed Database Procedures (AMDP)
- SAP functional modules – SD (TSW), MM, FI, PM, HR
- Business Objects Processing Framework (BOPF)
- Business Rule Framework plus (BRFplus)
- Integration Platform and tools – SAP Process Integration (PI/PO), webMethods, SAP ALE, SAP Cloud Platform Integration (CPI)
The above description reflects the primary job function and may not include all detailed job functions performed in the role.
Need more reasons to work for a company that is both professionally challenging and culturally rewarding? Take a look at some of our best-in-class benefits :
- Competitive Pay and Annual Bonus Program
- 100% match on 401(K) up to 7%, with immediate vesting
- Company-sponsored Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Onsite Daycare Center
- Onsite Employee & Family Wellness Center
- State-of-the-art 24-hour Fitness Center free for employees and spouses with access to Tennis and Basketball Facilities
- Onsite cafeteria open for breakfast and lunch
- Beautiful wooded campus with walking paths and access to biking/hiking on the greenbelt
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.