|November 28, 2023
Job Description & Summary
A career in Enterprise Application Risk will allow you to develop and apply strategies that help clients leverage enterprise technologies so they can get a higher return on their investment, mitigate risks, streamline processes, and find operational inefficiencies. The work revolves around creative problem solving and applying innovative technologies to enable strategies that increase the value of the applications that run our client's business.
Our focus is on creating effective and efficient design for the most important business, security, and compliance processes for our clients. We touch on aspects of application security and areas prone to fraud and financial misstatement and on streamlining processes that are part of our client's core business so they can get a higher return on this key investment. Using innovative and proprietary technologies, we help to bridge the gap between business stakeholders, compliance functions, and Information Technology teams to assist in understanding how to embrace new ways of working while limiting their financial and operational risk profile. We use knowledge of financial system design, risk mitigation, business process design, data integrity, security, and data analytics. Our clients make large investments in enterprise financial systems, and they need to design those systems to meet the needs of their business while providing capabilities to improve end user experiences while managing risk. As a part of our team, you will work to help our clients balance these critical factors to lead their organizations and get the most value out of their SAP investment.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences
Minimum Degree Required
Minimum Years of Experience
5 year(s) of SAP controls auditing, consulting and/or implementing.
Preferred Fields of Study
Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Business Administration/Management, Accounting & Technology, Finance, Finance & Technology, Economics and Finance & Technology, Economics and Finance, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Computer and Information Science
Demonstrates knowledge of, and/or success in managerial roles involving, designing, and implementing security and controls as it relates to multiple versions of the SAP application product suite (core financial, supply chain, human capital management, and/or industry specific modules). Emphasis on understanding of the following areas:
- Possessing experience with SAP role design across functional and technical (e.g. - BASIS) domain areas;
- Demonstrating a background with SAP GRC design, implementation experience including Access Control and Process Control;
- Possessing experience with business process risk & control design, implementation across finance, supply chain and human resource business cycles;
- Possessing experience identifying key risks and controls, knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley readiness, controls optimization, as well as configuration of controls around security, business process and within the SAP GRC modules;
- Managing and understanding SDLC for SAP product implementations, and configurations - e.g. security and control, and/or optimizations of business process controls and application security;
- Possessing experience with security, Controls and GRC Access Control;
- Possessing experience leading 3+ end to end SAP Security implementations and controls integration projects;
- Possessing experience leading design, build, test and deployment phases in projects;
- Possessing experience in leading/managing teams;
- Possessing experience in leading security/GRC design workshops with client stakeholders;
- Possessing experience in designing security for HANA, SAP Business Objects, SAP Cloud Analytics;
- Possessing experience in configuring and implementing GRC Access Control Modules - ARA, EAM, ARM, BRM; and,
- Possessing experience with business process risk & control design.
Demonstrates knowledge of, and/or success in identifying and obtaining new service opportunities and taking opportunities through the sales cycle, including:
- Identifying relevant risk mitigation around contracting, client acceptance and engagement scoping;
- Defining resource requirements, budgets, and billing and collection;
- Leading deliverable review and quality assurance over engagement team support;
- Identifying and addressing client needs, including developing and sustaining client relationships;
- Leading teams to establish direction and coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation; and,
- Possessing prior success in roles managing in a professional services firm or large enterprise as a consultant, auditor or business process specialist is preferred.
Demonstrates abilities and success with managing large engagements that involve oversight of and coordination with staff and managers as they perform design of controls, application security, or analytic monitoring emphasizing the following areas:
- Leading client projects, understanding a client's business and technology in order to identify, and pursue additional consulting opportunities;
- Understanding clients' business, industry and/or technologies and leveraging project management skills including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules;
- Working directly with systems integrators in developing business requirements and business controls in SAP-related and SAP GRC-related implementations;
- Promoting and creating a positive environment, monitoring team workloads to meet client deadlines; and,
- Respecting the work-life quality of team members including providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner and keeping leadership informed of progress.
Up to 40%
Job Posting End Date
Learn more about how we work: https://pwc.to/how-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in California, Colorado, Nevada, New York State, or Washington State, please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-advisorymanager