|Published||August 31, 2023|
This role is posted in multiple locations. Consultants are based from their home office and will be required to travel up to 25%.
Clarkston is growing in retail! Do you want the opportunity to leverage your skills to help leading retailers win in this competitive, rapidly changing landscape? Are you looking to join a firm that values its culture and people as its biggest strengths? Join Clarkston Consulting as an SAP Retail SD Senior Consultant to help deliver creative business solutions to our market-leading clients as a part of our team of experienced professionals.
We're looking for exceptional people who thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, team environment, and have a passion for helping our clients find the answers to their most challenging business problems. While we're targeting experts with deep SAP retail industry knowledge, we're also looking for candidates who are interested in bringing their broader SAP SD knowledge and general software implementation skills to support our clients across consumer products and life sciences industries. You will have the opportunity to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time.
What You'll Do
Clarkston gives you the opportunity to deliver great solutions, become recognized as an industry expert, and help build a great practice.
As an SAP Retail SD Senior Consultant at Clarkston, you will:
- Leverage your expert knowledge of business processes and challenges related to marketing and merchandising (retail master data, assortment planning, pricing & promotions), store commerce, sourcing, private label, planning & supply chain for retail industry companies
- Develop retail specific solutions, with a primary focus in the SD (Sales and Distribution) role
- Lead analysis and design sessions to create requirements to develop the right client solution
- Share best practices, industry knowledge, and personal expertise to educate both clients and fellow consultants, in formal and ad hoc settings
- Act as a team lead for other consultants and client personnel (depending on specific project need)
- Lead product demos to help prospects understand process and systems capabilities and business benefits
How You'll Grow
At Clarkston, we feel that we provide the greatest value to our clients through a combination of our industry expertise, business process knowledge, and consulting excellence.
Beyond your day-to-day responsibilities, throughout your career at Clarkston you will:
- Have the support and mentorship of your Clarkston colleagues and leaders
- Own your career - you'll be able to take charge of your career journey with diverse opportunities to lead and expand your skillset both at the client site and within the firm
- Have the opportunity to make a real and positive impact not only the clients you work with, but on the firm as well
What We're Looking For:
An ideal candidate as a SAP Retail SD Senior Consultant would have the following qualifications and experience:
- Demonstrated expertise in SAP S/4HANA Fashion (FMS), SAP S/4HANA Retail, SAP IS-Retail, or SAP Apparel and Footwear (AFS) with at least 2 full life cycle projects delivering new solutions
- Deep expertise in SD solutions for Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Pricing, Available to Promise, allocations, AR/AP integration, Inventory Management, Warehouse Management, Logistics Execution and Master Data (site master, business partners, article master)
- Exposure to User Interface/User Experience development for mobile device functionality
- Hand-on experience with S/4HANA (1 full implementation required) and Fiori
- Experience integrating with external systems/EDI
- Proven experience leading demos of SAP on S/4HANA
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability; our Senior Consultants work on everything from design to hands-on configuration and can stretch into new roles
- Previous experience implementing SAP in the Retail industry as either a client, a consultant, or both
- Proven track record of delivering technology projects in a fast paced, large, complex, environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university
Ideal candidates will also have demonstrated:
- Expertise working with Customer Activity Repository (CAR), as well as Allocation Management for Retail, Assortment Planning for Retail, Merchandise Planning for Retail, or Promotion Management for Retail
- Working knowledge of Contracts and Settlement Management processes, and their impacts to SD
Travel is an integral part of this role and is estimated to average up to 25%. This may vary based upon client and project needs. When not traveling, consultants work from their home office. Relocation is not required.
More About Clarkston
Founded in 1991, Clarkston Consulting delivers technology and management solutions to market leaders in the life sciences, consumer products, and retail industries. At Clarkston, we cultivate success - for our clients, for our people, and for our firm. We utilize a team approach leveraging our collective expertise and industry knowledge to solve our clients' business challenges.
Our benefits include:
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, and more)
- 401k with company contributions
- Paid vacation, personal days, holidays, and sick leave
- Paid Parental Leave and Family Building Benefits (Adoption, Surrogacy, and Infertility Support)
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Training and Professional Development investments, Tuition Assistance, and more
Visit Careers at Clarkston to learn more about our culture, benefits, and opportunities.
Clarkston Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring our firm is rich in diverse skills, competencies, strengths, personalities, and culture. We foster an inclusive environment that embraces the unique contributions of our people to further our purpose. Please visit Diversity @ Clarkston to learn more about our diversity initiatives.