|Published||August 31, 2018|
SAP Project Manager
Experis is hiring an SAP Project Manager for one of their clients in the Orlando area.
Our client has embarked on a multi-phase SAP Project. The Stabilization phase of the project was a technical upgrade to SAP ECC 6.0/EhP8. The technical upgrade established the platform to introduce additional functionality in a variety of areas. The goal of the SAP Modernization project is to design, update, and introduce features in SAP.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of assigned projects following SAP ASAP Methodology standards;
- Acts as a liaison between the Executive Steering Team, Project Sponsor, and Project Team by building cooperative, constructive, effective relationships;
- Oversees and/or obtains defined approvals for all project deliverables;
- Responsible for ensuring all quality processes and guidelines are followed;
- Responsible for the creation and day to day management of the project plan and schedule from initiation through close out;
- Responsible for the management of the supporting project budget;
- Responsible for the management of project scope;
- Accountable for communication of variance within the project budget/schedule/scope;
- Accountable for Issue/Risk Management;
- Serve as the initial escalation point for all project issues, risks and changes;
- Accountable for Project Resource Model/Management, proactively communicating resource needs and maintaining model throughout the project life cycle;
- Coordinate functional project teams and serve as the project team leader;
- Facilitates conflict resolution within the team, escalating when needed;
- Establish clear expectations regarding status reporting, team communication and deliverable management;
- Manage and Provide oversight on tasks;
- Serve as subject matter expect in the area of project management;
- Monitor, manage and report performance of all project team activities to all levels of the organization;
- Responsible for facilitating the subcontracted services procurement process by working with our clients Procurement
- Management of subcontractor resources, either directly or in partnership with our clients PMO;
- The position generally requires over 80% travel to customer location (Orlando, FL)
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelors Degree or equivalent and Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is required;
- Qualified candidates must have managed at least 2 lifecycle successful SAP ERP implementations within the past 5 years and have at least 3 years experience in SAP public sector projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 5-7 years of industry and/or consulting experience with SAP products and at least 2 full lifecycle SAP ERP implementations;
- At least 3 years experience in Public Sector (State & Local government, K-12, Utilities, Higher Education or Healthcare); K-12 Preferred;
- Experience with ASAP or equivalent SAP implementation methodology;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent influencing and communication skills;
- Strong ability to listen, respond and build trust
ADDITIONAL KEY SKILLS:
- Excellent project planning and proven leadership skills;
- Excellent customer service focus and attitude;
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills;
- Ability to implement practical business solutions under strict deadlines;
- Ability and desire to work with people as part of a high-performance team
If reading the above job description gets you excited, we're looking forward to speaking with you about this opportunity!
Experis - Who We Are
As the global leader in professional talent resourcing and project-based workforce solutions for contract and permanent positions, Experis matches professionals to rewarding IT, Engineering and Finance opportunities with industry leading organizations helping accelerate careers, while delivering excellent results for our client companies. Experis is part of ManpowerGroup, the world leader in innovative workforce solutions.
Experis - What We Offer
As part of the Total Rewards Package for working with ManpowerGroup, Experis Consultants have access to: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays, Health Savings Account (HSA), Life and Disability Insurance Plans, Parking/Transit Benefits, BenefitHub Discounts and 401K. We have a Remarket Program designed to support you in continuity of employment when your project ends. We also provide access to thousands of free online training courses! The Experis global learning platform, powerYOU, makes it easier than ever to gain advantages that can help you advance your career.
Learn more at www.Experis.com!
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)