|Published||September 28, 2018|
|Location||The Woodlands, TX|
Job Description: Overview of Position:
The person in this position will gather/clarify functional specifications, perform analysis, resolve issues and coordinate implementation of solutions in all areas of the SAP/PRA implementation in the Financial Applications, Revenue Accounting group. The scope for this persons role will include hands-on work within SAP (PRA and related processes), including changing PRA configuration/variants, debugging/troubleshooting issues, working with related business and IT contacts, documenting design change specifications, tracking testing plans/results, coordinating implementation, following up on post-implementation, and updating system documentation. The version of SAP Production Revenue Accounting (PRA) included in this scope contains several custom modules such as: Gas Plant Accounting (GPA), Escheat, Check Input, Over/Short, Check Run, ONRR Consolidator, and core mods within Contract Allocation, Revenue Distribution, etc.
This is an IT position that requires technical advanced or expert skills in application support of the various sub-modules of Production Revenue Accounting SAP application.
Experience needed in Production Revenue, Federal and State Royalty, Severance Tax and Gas Plant Accounting including expert knowledge of SAP FI, PRA and GPA. Ability to perform IT design, configuration, prototyping, unit testing/documentation, batch variants setup and define management of change requirements. System Design skill with strong ability to collect business requirements, perform a fit/gap analysis, apply SAP industry best practices, and define use cases for implementations in a global environment. Ability to write solid and detailed functional and technical design documents in English, to be handed over to developers or other project staff, covering design for configuration items and custom developments as well as work with business experts to understand their requirements, guide and advise them on best solution approach managing business experts with confidence.
• Gather/clarify business requirements for reported incidents or enhancement requests.
• Use standard SAP-supplied tools to troubleshoot/debug and then recommend solutions.
• Use ITSM and Agile processes (TFS Kanban and/or Scrum) to respond to and resolve problem tickets and service requests raised by users.
• Prepare detailed design specifications for program, report, or interface development activities.
• Coordinate with Business and other IT resources to deliver and support SAP/PRA and Non-SAP solutions.
• Provide configuration and variant changes if needed.
• Coordinate implementation activities.
• Provide post-production support as required for application continuity and long term maintainability.
• Guide the business in utilizing SAP/PRA functionality to the best extent possible - including review of existing business processes and system integration challenges.
• Maintain up-to-date competency in ECC 6 / IS-OIL specific to PRA, and other relevant integrated SAP modules and sub-modules such as FI/CO and JVA.
• Lead improvement activities & implementation of strategic initiatives
• Perform technical leadership & consulting for complex efforts
Qualifications / Job requirements
• University degree (IT related and/or Financial/Accounting related) - B.S. or B.B.A in Computer Science / Computer Information Systems or equivalent B.A. in Finance or Accounting
• At least 5 years of experience with various SAP Financial modules (e.g. Controlling, General Ledger, Projects, Special Ledger) and working knowledge of integration to other key modules, e.g., PRA, SD
• Working experience with Upstream Revenue Accounting, or at a minimum, working experience supporting Accounting processes.
• Knowledge and hands-on functional configuration experience with SAP PRA and related sub-module configuration including:
• Production/Regulatory sub-module processes and reports.
• Government Royalty sub-modules and related processes (both States and Federal).
• Revenue sub-modules (RD, CA, VL, Check Input, etc.) and related processes.
• Ownership sub-module and processes.
• Private Royalty Payment Processing sub-module, peripheral payment processes (1099, Escheat, etc.).
• State Severance Tax sub-modules - primarily 2.0.
• Strong technical aptitude in order to analyze/debug issues, comprehend and support complex processes based on standard and customized SAP/PRA configuration.
• Good understanding of ABAP programming language
• Strong problem-solving skills as well as incident and change management knowledge.
• Working knowledge of Agile lean development practices (i.e. Scrum and Kanban framework)
• Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong interpersonal and team working skills. Working experience coordinating activities with other support teams or business clients.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment. Ability to efficiently work remotely with other team members, internal service providers and customers. Ability to work with less experienced analysts in order to develop SAP problem solving, support and technical skills.
• Ability to mentor skill development of others as Applications IT professionals.
• Oil and Gas Industry experience. Prior experience with SAP systems is a plus.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178