SAP PMO Manager
|Published||April 12, 2022|
A career in our SAP Program Management Office (PMO) practice, within SAP Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients maximise the value of their SAP investment with offerings that address sales, finance, supply chain, engineering, and human capital. We provide comprehensive consulting, system integration and implementation services across multiple SAP applications, products and technologies. Simply put, we focus on delivering business led, technology enabled change for our clients including industry specific enterprise resource planning and the latest in mobile, analytics and cloud solutions.
In joining our PMO team, you'll have the opportunity to help our clients maximize the value of their SAP investment. Our Program and Project delivery and Cross Functional Solution Architecture team enables SAP business transformations to stay focused on the desired business outcomes. Our team's comprehensive approach to project governance tailored for large scale SAP transformation initiatives help simplify delivery, drive transparency, and create more effective, efficient business led, technology enabled engagements for our clients.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge and success with consulting, designing, implementing, supporting and leading significant tracks on larger project or leading medium-sized consulting engagements within the SAP product suite, including:
- Assisting clients in the implementation and support of SAP packaged solutions and improving business processes. Expertise and understanding of ITIL v3 or other Service-based principles, including an obtained ITIL and\or Run SAP certifications;
- Managing large software applications, gathering internal and external client requirements for the management of those applications in implementation and production settings, and turning those requirements into client-specific, compliant, cost competitive solutions;
- Interacting with experienced and client buyers and/or influencers and making a contribution to the development of new business including designing, costing documenting, proposing and transitioning the technical solution;
- Initiating and managing sales and marketing projects;
- Developing complex onsite implementation and outsourcing proposals (from deal qualification through transition to delivery), with proven success within a previous role for 3+ years; and,
- Understanding and helping to develop solutions based on the common issues facing clients in the financial services industry or clients who provide products and services (e.g., aerospace and defense, automotive, consumer and retail, energy, industrial products, technology or utilities).
Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge and understanding of SAP application-based solutions and multiple SAP modules.
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success with the SAP product suite leading or assisting with technical development efforts and off-shore development resources, including:
- Designing, implementing and supporting complex business processes in an SAP environment;
- Designing, building, testing and deploying the technical components required for successful SAP solutions, especially RICEFs (Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Extensions, Forms) design and development;
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials;
- Supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback;
- Creating and maintaining a knowledge-base of service delivery content based on reusable information and knowledge objects, as well as their cross-purposed or leveraged functionality;
- Evaluating new support processes, models, pricing, and tools and related competitive offerings delivered by other SAP Service providers;
- Collaborating and coordinating with Technical, Solution, Sales, Pricing, and Operations teams to interpret client RFP requirements, and craft solutions that satisfy those requirements;
- Coordinating Pricing and Legal teams, and providing feedback to help negotiate contracts with clients, partners and subcontractors; and,
- Developing strategy; as well as writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently; to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management, such as presentation slides; practice marketing materials; change management plans and/or project plans; workshops and whitepapers; practice methodologies and tools; policies and procedures; and/or other standard business communications.
Please note that, at this time, to be in-person at a PwC office, client location or PwC-sponsored events, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisorymanager.