|Published||April 23, 2022|
Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out
SAP is the heart of the finance and sales audit processes at Target. As part of the SAP Platform team, you will be working on architecting and deploying large scale SAP applications running on SAP’s HANA database. You will be responsible for full stack deployment of SAP infrastructure, database and applications at Target. Supporting both classic ABAP deployments and modern Data Intelligence pipelines running on Kubernetes provides a large range of experience and growth. You will be challenged to automate and scale SAP application deployments and long-term administration of infrastructure and application components.
As a Senior Engineer, you serve as a specialist in the engineering team that supports the product. You help develop and gain insight in the application architecture. You can distill an abstract architecture into concrete design and influence the implementation. You show expertise in applying the appropriate software engineering patterns to build robust and scalable systems. You are an expert in programming and apply your skills in developing the product. You have the skills to design and implement the architecture on your own, but choose to influence your fellow engineers by proposing software designs, providing feedback on software designs and/or implementation. You show good problem solving skills and can help the team in triaging operational issues. You leverage your expertise in eliminating repeat occurrences.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Engineer, you’ll take the lead as you…
- Use your technology acumen to apply and maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies within specialized area(s) of the technology domain.
- Evaluate new technologies and participate in decision-making, accounting for several factors such as viability within Target’s technical environment, maintainability, and cost of ownership. Initiate and execute research and proof-of-concept activities for new technologies.
- Lead the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of services.
- Lead and conduct code review, design review, testing, and debugging activities at the application level.
- Lead functional design and architecture discussions with understanding of process flows and system diagrams to enable design decisions.
- Participate in routine and non-routine construction, automation, and implementation activities, ensuring successful implementation with architectural and operational requirements and best practices met.
- Provide technical oversight and coach others to resolve complex and severe technical issues.
- Lead disaster recovery activities and contribute to disaster recovery planning. Embed data quality protocols throughout data acquisition, processing, storage, and operational use.
- Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with SAP Solutions (ie: SAC, HANA, ABAP, Data Intelligence, Data Services, Business Objects)
- Application deployment with at least one of the following languages: Golang, Python, Typescript or equivalent
- Demonstrates proficiency in Linux infrastructure builds and administration
- Working knowledge and understanding of GIT, Kafka (event driven data flows), pipeline technologies, other open-source technologies
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.