|Published||May 9, 2022|
Reviews, analyzes and evaluates complex SAP business processes and user needs for various business units. Documents requirements, defines scope and objectives, and formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies. Performs complex system configuration and workflow designs in an integrated application environment. Employs experience in a variety of concepts, practices and procedures including FICO, Materials Management, and complex maintenance/repair/overhaul of public transit systems related to bus and rail. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates complex SAP business processes and user needs.
- Prepares high-quality documentation of scope requirements and objectives in both written and graphical format, for complex systems processes.
- Develops system configuration and workflow designs for highly complex systems.
- Performs complex data retrievals utilizing common data extraction tools.
- Builds and manages effective partnerships with business units and IT groups.
- Prepares and delivers timely, well organized and informative presentation of work for management.
- Leads integrated system testing efforts to ensure system functions as designed.
- Develops training materials and conducts training classes as needed.
- Applies project management “best practice” skills to prioritize and deliver project objectives. Follows established change or release management procedures to move changes through the landscape.
- Manages multiple assignments and projects with competing priorities.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Provides excellent customer service to METRO internal and external customers.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related degree is preferred.
Years & Experience Required
Minimum six (6) years of experience in relevant SAP Plant Maintenance and Materials Management analysis. Advanced experience with standard office software and diagraming software, processes and tools such as SAP plant maintenance (SAP PM), SAP Fiori UI, SAP BW reports and SAP BOBJ WEBI UI. Experience with data development environments such as SQL Server and/or HANA, SAP ABAP, SAP Adhoc Query, SAP Report Painter, and SAP Info Set Management.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within fields outside of IT. Ability to apply technical understanding to complex technical solutions. Strong knowledge of project management best practices. Excellent communications (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills. Strong listening skills to facilitate the presentation of ideas and recommendations. SAP ERP, APICS, Business Process Re-engineering and Change Management certifications preferred.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.