|Published||June 15, 2023|
|Location||Oak Hill, VA|
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
SAP NS2 Cloud Observability Engineer - Hybrid
SAP is the global market leader for business software and related services, and SAP National Security Services Inc. (SAP NS2) is an independent U.S. subsidiary, offering SAP solutions with specialized levels of security and support to meet the requirements of U.S. national security and critical infrastructure customers.
Must be a U.S. Person; SAP NS2 does not offer Visa sponsorships for this role.
All internals must have the manager's approval to transfer.
We are seeking a Cloud Observability Engineer to join our team in a hybid capacity. The position will work remotely as well as in our Herndon, office approximately 20% of the time.
- Engage, deploy, and manage high-volume, low-latency cloud base Applications from end to end, and be the a subject matter expert on product design, operations, troubleshooting and documentation.
- Define End-to-end application performance and monitoring related strategies including application architecture review, define and adopt performance monitoring strategy, define and implement performance tuning strategy, analyze application and database performance for the continuous cloud application performance improvement.
- Production and customer issue troubleshooting, root cause analysis and the continuous performance monitoring for the site reliability.
- Gather and analyze application performance metrics.
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, feature implementation and capacity planning with all stake holders.
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts Software Performance measurement expertise.
- Proficient hands-on experience in debugging, troubleshooting and performance tuning Java Applications.
- Cloud Application operation experience
- Proficient experience in using Performance measurement and analysis tools like JMeter, LoadRunner, Profiler, HttpWatch etc.
- Proficient in Application Performance monitoring technologies as Dynatrace, Site 24*7, Pingdom etc.
- Experience in Log aggregation, management tools like Splunk, SumoLogic
- Knowledge in DB overall performance, DB query analysis, and storage/disk design etc.
- Knowledge or experience with cloud application monitoring, analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Experience in tools like SumoLogic, Splunk •Hands-on experience in designing, implementing, and operating all layers of software (UI, Backend, Database).
- Hands-on Operation, Development and Performance Engineering background as a plus
- Knowledge in technologies and framework like Java/J2EE, Hibernate, Spring, SAP HANA, UI Technologies and OData protocols.
- Knowledge in Java application development (tomcat, J2EE etc.) and the application Architecture, especially for Cloud solutions.
- Knowledge with client-side knowledge of Web technologies including JS, HTML, CSS.
- Knowledge and experience in software operation and development infrastructure and process including Git, Jenkins, Ansible etc., and experience in Continuous Delivery practices.
- Demonstrated self-driven and quick learning skills, ability to understand new technologies.
- Demonstrated good communication skills and cooperative work attitude.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related preferred, years of experience may be used in lieu of degree
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 368668 | Work Area: Solution and Product Management | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.
Requisition ID: 368668
Posted Date: Jun 10, 2023
Work Area: Solution and Product Management
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%