|Date Posted||September 12, 2019|
Come join Maines and continue our growth in the food distribution industry passed our 100 anniversary!
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The SAP MM Analyst functions as an internal consultant to the IT organization and functional business clients. The SAP MM Analyst will be the primary liaison between IT and the Purchasing Departments, working to maximize the utilization of SAP and assisting in the development of optimal business practices. This role is responsible for the company's purchasing and materials processes (purchase orders, forecasting, product allocation) as enabled through the SAP MM module, making configuration changes, performing and guiding others in unit and regression testing, researching and resolving daily issues using a variety of resources, and performing training and creating documentation as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work with the Business Processes Manager to prioritize projects, design solutions, estimate time to delivery and communicate progress and status on active endeavors
* Work directly with all business units and other aspects of the technology team (hardware, development, BI) to fully understand business requirements and translate them into achievable development efforts
* Responsible for supporting the SAP ECC 6.0 MM system and related modules, including
* Master Data (materials, vendors, price controls, product costs)
* Purchase orders (scheduling, freight, confirmations, integration with WMS)
* Integration with Inbound Logistics processes
* Completion of vendor payment process
* Fulfillment of customer sales orders
* Coordinate with other Business Process experts to develop optimization of full process lifecycles
* Address any system issue related to internal software or configuration defects in a rapid manner and implement fixes and controls to prevent future incidents
* Perform process documentation, training programs and user assessments with regards to MM business processes as enabled by SAP
* Perform reporting and data extract tasks as needed by the Purchasing business unit.
* Stay current on developments with SAP (service and enhancement packs) and advise the business on future strategies to take advantage of those developments
* Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Expertise in the common SAP transaction codes used in MM processes and the full supplier purchase order life cycle including price conditions and copy controls that drive system behavior
* Understanding of key tables used in core SAP MM processes
* Experience with automated integrations with MM, including iDoc processing
* Preferred experience with one or more of the following: WorkFlow, Vistex, LSMW, Query, Data Archiving
* Knowledge of purchasing org, warehouse and location creation within SAP
* Expertise in SAP configuration and the Development-to-Production transport process
* Solid written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to formulate and articulate logic used to realize business needs or solve problems
* Solid understanding of business principles
* Expertise with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Technology or related field with a minimum of five (5) years related experience and at least three (3) years of experience with SAP ECC 6.0 MM module, and experience with an SAP implementation; or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled