|Published||July 9, 2023|
Kion SCS is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Kion SCS employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Kion SCS is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Kion SCS is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
What we offer:
•Competitive Compensation and Benefits
Learn More Here: www.dematic.com/en-us/about/careers/what-we-offer
Dematic provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The base pay range for this role is estimated to be $82,000-166,000 at the time of posting. Final compensation will be determined by various factors such as work location, education, experience, knowledge, and skills.
Tasks and Qualifications:
Kion SCS is looking for a Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Specialist responsible for managing the deployment of the projects for KION SCS in our NA region. As the Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Specialist Kion SCS, you will have the opportunity to work on the MES project deployment for KION SCS and support the application.
**This opportunity is located in Summerville, South Carolina but would also consider candidates for our Grand Rapids, Michigan location.
To be successful in this demanding role, your proven track record will enable you to deliver against the following key performance areas:
- Configuring and maintaining manufacturing and equipment management workflows in SAP/MES.
- Defining and implementing of interfaces to upstream and downstream systems
- Support factory mapping for implementation of Digital Manufacturing Operations projects, with focus on process integration
- Manage & Understand Technical & Functional architecture analysis, research, design and development of new functionality and integration with key applications and services under SAP ecosystems.
- Engage with Key Users and Business partners to identify and validate requirements and translate to solution design.
- Identify opportunities for improvement such as gaps in existing functionality, troubleshooting, process automation and driving the development/implementation process
- Train local key users in accordance with local training processes for MES enabled processes.
- Monitor and present periodic status to stakeholders.
- Monitor Risks / Issues and prepare appropriate mitigation plans
- Ensure best practices are followed and required processes and specifications are documented
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field is required
- 5+ Years of experience in MES with emphasis on System configuration, POD, Data Collection, SDK, and SAP ME Web Services and Mfg. ERP Systems
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience with manufacturing technology and business processes in various manufacturing/supply chain computer platforms/systems
- Functional Application Management in SAP-ME.
- Configuring Dashboards and Setting up a Basic Production Line in SAP ME.
- Build (Manufacturing, Shop Floor, Industry 4.0, Supply Chain/SCM, Planning) & SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence
- Implementation of Manufacturing Plant System integration with MES
- Leading and coordinating SME support
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, Strategic thinking and thought leadership capabilities; ability to identify, champion and institutionalize new tools, processes, and technologies
- Expertise in implementation project life cycles including blueprinting, configuration, testing, cut-over and go-live support
- Proficient using Project Management tools (JIRA), preparing and presenting appropriate status reports
- MES experience
- Must be able to fluently communicate in English
- Experience with global, large scale ERP implementations
- SAP S/4 Hana experience preferred
- Business and Process Knowledge
- Cross functional knowledge in business domains
- Excellent time-management/schedule skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Results-oriented and demonstrated experience in leading work sessions with multiple stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% in US and EMEA