|Location||San Diego, CA|
|Date Posted||September 21, 2021|
EDF Renewables North America, a subsidiary of EDF Renewables, is a leading North American independent power producer boasting over 30 years of experience across a broad spectrum of services. Our mission is to deliver renewable solutions to lead the transition to a sustainable energy future.
Scope of Job:
The SAP Manager is an experienced software development manager that leads the SAP ERP team. The North American SAP team at EDF Renewables has made the transition to agile delivery and is made of colleagues with different experience levels. The SAP Manager will help and lead the team continue to develop and learn the skills needed to adapt to the latest approach to SAP: S/4HANA, Cloud, CI/CD.
This leadership position will showcase the strategic thinking, coordination and mentoring skills as the SAP Manager navigates the team towards the continuous development and improvement of the company’s ERP, SAP. EDF Renewables’ adoption of AI and machine learning technologies to reduce the barriers between our (internal and external) customers and their data will leverage the knowledge of the advances in the SAP landscape to deliver meaningful solutions that more effectively produce renewable energy.
- Lead, develop, and coach the team of functional analysts and developers for organizational and educational growth
- Hiring and on-boarding, performance reviews, career development support
- Cultivating strong teams and keeping working practices and team agreements healthy
- Continuously improving the way we work to ensure delivery of a high quality product
- Enabling and fostering creativity and innovation within those processes
- Helping teams adapt to our rapidly changing corporate and industry landscape
- Connect strategic advancements in SAP’s roadmap to EDF Renewables’ business value
- Actively contribute to vision, strategy, architecture, and own the technical roadmap for SAP
- Create an environment of education, trust, openness, agility, and motivation
- Support the team learning agile software development approaches while transforming the software development process according to the DevOps principles
- Facilitate the creation and implementation of complex technical solutions with the team
Supervision of Others:
- Five to seven years of demonstrated experience leading SAP development teams as a delivery manager, technical lead, architect, or senior developer
- Familiarity with SAP cloud engineering practices, SAP Activate, SAP ChaRM, API management Service Oriented environments, Cloud Native Architecture, Big Data and Enterprise Data Warehouse a plus
- Experience with shifting teams to iterative and incremental software development and delivery using Continuous Integration, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, backlog development, story writing, task development, and release management
- Experience with Azure DevOps or similar tool for work management and reporting
- Experience in conflict resolution and leading by example through values of openness, honesty and respect
95% of time is spent in the office environment / working remote, utilizing computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general office equipment. 5% of time is spent outside of the office visiting vendors’ and/or internal customers’ sites in additional to attending various conferences and meetings. Fiscal Responsibilities:
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.