|Published||November 5, 2022|
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
This position will be hired in to SAP Litmos, which will become an independent company under Francisco Partners in December 2022.
The Sr. Director, Sales Operations (DSO) directs the organization's sales force effectiveness and manages functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, assist with sales training & enablement sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and manage the process of recruiting and selection of sales force talent.
The DSO is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, the DSO fosters close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales organization's efficient operation and success.
* Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization. Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes used throughout the organization.
* Provides leadership to the sales organization and counsel to the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO), in implementing sales organization objectives that appropriately reflect the organization's business goals.
* Responsible for equitably assigning sales force quotas and ensuring the organization's financial objectives are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources through the quota program.
* Accountable for the timely assignment of all sales organization objectives.
* Partners with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch. Fosters an organization of continuous process improvement.
* Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of sales organization productivity. Works closely with the CRO and Chief Technology Officer to understand organization's sales and technology strategy. Recommends changes and enhancements to the company Customer Relationship Management technology platform.
* Responsible for the optimal deployment of sales personnel. Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize sales productivity. Leads a change management process to build organizational understanding of proposed changes, establish support from key leadership stakeholders, and effectively implement new deployment and job models.
* Works closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
* Ensures sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the sales organization. Develops new reporting tools as needed. Coordinates with sales leadership and other stakeholders to lead efficient and accurate sales force reporting initiatives.
* Working closely with sales leadership and Human Resources, establishes a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies. Prioritizes training objectives for selling, sales management, and sales support roles.
* Oversees the delivery of field and HQ training to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel.
* Working with Human Resources and senior sales leadership, designs sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales organization objectives.
* Oversees sales compensation plan administration. Establish sales compensation program rules, policies, and procedures. Ensures sufficient resources are assigned to adequately administer sales compensation programs. Works closely with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources to establish rules, policies, and procedures associated with sales compensation.
* Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
* Plays lead role from on the corporate Integration team for the integration of the sales teams, systems and processes of acquired organizations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Proven hands-on leader, managing a team and pro-actively taking steps to move the organization forward.
* Proven experience working with finance, customer service and manufacturing
* Highly organized with an obsessive attention to details
* Intermediate level Excel skills
* Experience with Salesforce and/or similar CRM systems
* Excellent writer with strong overall communication skills
* Enjoys the pace and excitement of working with a sales force within a high-growth business
* Exceptional at structuring, interpreting, and presenting analysis
* Strong problem solving and collaboration skills
* Four-year college degree from an accredited institution or relevant work experience.
* Minimum of 4 years Sales/Revenue Operations experience, ideally in a similar role.
* Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Requisition ID: 355152 | Work Area: Sales Operations | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: Virtual - USA #LI-Hybrid
Requisition ID: 355152
Posted Date: Oct 8, 2022
Work Area: Sales Operations
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Bellevue, WA, US, 98004
The key to SAP's success? Our people.
We grow. We lead. We innovate - together! We believe that the difference between success and failure is a great team. As colleagues, we support, challenge, and inspire one another every day. We're results-driven and ready to go the extra mile for our customers. We all work from different places dealing with different challenges and opportunities. But our goal is mutual. We build breakthroughs, together.
Driven by innovation? It's in our DNA.
At SAP, innovation is more than just developing top-notch software - it's creating technologies that open up new possibilities. As a cloud company we are future-proofing our customers' business and building systems that provide a foundation for growth and innovation. We know this doesn't happen by accident, so we provide a working environment that promotes free thinking, bold ideas, and collaboration. Of course, having the resources and expertise of a major global organization helps too.
Got ambitious goals? Achieve them - at SAP.
Stay relevant, agile, successful. SAP's robust portfolio of learning and development offerings helps you unlock your potential, stay ahead of technology and accelerates your career. At SAP, we want to make sure our employees are happy, healthy, fulfilled, challenged - and working towards their individual career goals.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: CRM, SAP, Operations Manager, ERP, Sales Operations, Technology, Operations, Sales