|Date Posted||October 7, 2018|
The purpose of the role of Lead SAP Functional Consultant consists of two main areas of responsibility, project delivery and service delivery. Each individual at this level can be responsible for activities within project delivery, service delivery or a combination of both areas.
This is a role which involves either leading a team of other functional consultants or performing the role of principal functional consultant with a very high level of functional expertise and experience.
Project delivery responsibilities will involve leading and supporting the Design Governance within their own SAP CoE Solution Areas, recommending and approving designs to take forward to implementation and producing High Level designs for new systems and changes of any size and complexity. They will be looked to as the “expert” across the functional areas they lead to understand, evaluate and articulate recommendations for solutions that provide the best outcome for customers. They will also be expected to configure SAP modules in line with design requirements as well as peer review designs / configuration from other Functional Consultants in the SAP area.
Service delivery responsibilities will involve accountability for the effective operation, sustainability and optimisation of all SAP application services.
- Manages the daily operational activities that develop and implement tactical plans for multiple components/processes for a specified area within IT. Develops protocols to support established standards. Oversees team(s) assigned to projects and may manage implementations. Ensures resources are accurately allocated in line with tactical plans and appropriately accounted for at all times.
- Performs as subject matter advisor and may serve as point of escalation and become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature. Manages issues proactively, including timely resolution and the identification of remediation opportunities. Identifies and resolve systemic issues to prevent them from repeating.
- Ensures delivery against agreed upon SLAs and overall service delivery of operational activities. Understands short and long-term goals and objectives and recommend technical solutions and services. Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Develops and proposes options with pros/cons and risk, and works with stakeholders to finalize the best solution that meets business needs.
- Establishes credibility with partners while managing expectations. Ensures frequent, continuous and effective communications with team members, within IT, and with stakeholders to set expectations and negotiate priorities appropriately, via both formal and informal channels / mechanisms.
- May develop budget for functional area. Manages budget to plan. May be accountable for area budget and delivering against business goals/objectives.
- Participates in and contributes to the development of technical/business approaches and/or the recommendation of current system enhancements.
- Understand the underlying technologies and applications utilized within specified area of responsibility to direct how to design, develop, test, and implement priority technology requirements.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to share information and improve cross-departmental processes.
- Stays abreast of industry leading best practices and brings them to the attention of the leadership team for innovative application. May develop partnerships (and relationships) with internal and external stakeholders to meet business needs.
- Allocates available resources to meet operating objectives. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.