|Published||July 26, 2018|
|Location||Grand Prairie, TX|
Summary of Job Purpose:
- The SAP IT Analyst role is a hands on role using analytical, consulting, business knowledge, and application solution expertise to effectively integrate and implement technology solutions into the business environment. The SIA is responsible for all aspects of our SAP application that is currently implemented SAP ERP (ECC 6.0) functional solution in Costa Mesa, CA as well and Grand Prairie, TX location. This position will work closely with business subject matter experts as well as others within the Safran Support Teams (in France) to ensure strong alignment between the business requirements/needs and the application solutions/services. The candidate for the SIA role is responsible for developing, configuring and delivering effective SAP specific solutions for our business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide configuration expertise and support for various modules of SAP focusing mainly in SAP OTC (Quote to cash) and MM/PP modules.
- Hands-on problem identification, problem resolution and problem documentation and communication.
- Provide SAP expertise for functionality to support the organization business processes in combination with strong Business Process knowledge
- Work with Business users across locations - collaborating closely to become a primary escalation point and local go to person for SAP
- Assist team members and business users with problem solving related to the software application, performance and usage; lead support effort to ensure business operations are not interrupted or delayed.
- Provide functional specifications for enhancements, interfaces, forms, and reports (RICEF) to support business requirements for both locations.
- Work closely and effectively with super-users and end-users to gather requirements, understand the production issues.
- Manage business software application issues escalation through IT tracking tools to enlist support from Safran / Safran Electronics & Defense / third parties.
- Work with the business to drive requirements into SAP, Kronos and other application/module/solution interface, installation, implementation, upgrades and maintenance.
- Perform user management and implementation of permissions and security policies
- Desire to expand skills in other SAP modules specifically in MRO business( service to cash modules)
- Briefs leadership as appropriate on situations requiring changes in resources, impacts on established policies, broad project milestones, goals, or projected timetables.
- Must be flexible with work hours as French support personnel may only be available during early PST and/or CST times
- Is responsible for work that involves the design, documentation, modification, testing, installation, implementation, and support of new or existing application solutions
- Establish and execute test plans to ensure applications are performing expected results.
- Produce weekly status report in area of ownership, taking accountability and ownership for deliverables and commitments aligned with weekly IT meetings, change requests, projects
- Must exercise good judgement, will have access to sensitive information
Education / Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of IT / Business Analyst experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of SAP ERP functional/Hands-on experience.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ''Green Card Holder''), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Knowledge of SAP HANA BI reporting is plus.
- Knowledge of MRO business is plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Exhibits clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with multiple concurrent assignments
- Works and communicates effectively at all organizational levels and across functional areas
- The employee maybe required to work beyond normal working hours from time to time as the workload
- Excellent communication and client liaison skills
- Ability read and follow instructions in English
- Travel (25%)