|Published||April 20, 2022|
Central Garden & Pet is looking for a highly motivated SAP Inventory and Warehouse Team Lead to lead our Inventory and Warehouse Management team. The team’s responsibilities include shipping, inventory management, warehouse management and receiving. Central Garden & Pet is a leading manufacturer and distributer of outdoor garden and pet products. As the company continues to expand its product offering and modernize its manufacturing and distribution facilities, this position is central to implementing a number of projects in support of the planned growth. Some of the projects currently being pursued include warehouse automation, eCommerce automation and DTC fulfillment, voice picking implementation, Digital BOL, TMS replacement/integration and expanding warehouse management to existing businesses on SAP. In addition, newly acquired businesses will be migrating to the SAP platform for additional efficiencies and modernization.
The ideal candidate will have strong managerial and leadership skills with experience supervising employees and a background in implementing SAP Warehouse Management and/or past experience implementing other ERP or WMS systems in distribution environment. A demonstrated ability to manage multiple overlapping projects and balance/manage resources effectively is a critical skill in this important role. In addition, the IMWM lead will be the thought leader for the team and business community for distribution operations with a deep business background in best practices in shipping and warehouse layout. As a member of a broader Supply Chain team, the candidate will help define future warehouse management needs and drive continuous improvement in distribution operations.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Ability to manage a team working on multiple concurrent projects and delegate work to team members to support these projects.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with personnel across multiple warehouse facilities including supervisors, and managers in the business.
- Develop strong relationship with the other team members in information systems.
- Strong communication skills require with the ability to collaborate with other teams to develop best solution for the company.
- Provide deep functional expertise in key logistics processes in shipping, receiving and warehouse management.
- Strong background to be able to provide direction to team in warehouse related technology including RF, Voice Picking and warehouse automation.
- Perform project assessments including identifying opportunities, benefits, resources, and hardware needs.
- Facilitate design discussions with end users and other team members.
- Maintaining design documentation including business process flows and process designs.
- Configure SAP to meet specific business requirements of various work units.
- Create functional design documents for custom development and analytics.
- Ability to create and maintain training documentation and train all areas in the warehouse environment.
- Ability to work within the existing Central Garden SAP design with the ability to work with the teams to make necessary adjustments as business evolves.
- Ability to work in constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Travel will be required.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or Accounting
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in distribution operations as business user or IT resource with onsite experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience implementing and supporting SAP or in other ERP or WMS systems.
- Involvement in at least 3 full scale SAP, other ERP or WMS systems in distribution environment.
- Functional and technical experience in SAP SD, WM and MM or other ERP or WMS systems in distribution environment.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Ability to operate across multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong work ethic, desire to learn, and excel
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.