|Date Posted||October 8, 2019|
This is an opportunity to bring all of your extensive SAP experience together to focus on the art of the possible. LMI is a government consulting firm headquartered in Tysons, VA, dedicated exclusively to advancing the management of the government. Delivering the best value for the government dollar as all revenues are directed to our mission of advancing government rather than to delivering shareholder value. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our not-for-profit status and specialized services in defense, health, civilian, and national security markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction. LMI is seeking a functional/technical 'Big Picture' expert to support the Department of the Army's SAP based financial system, the General Funds Enterprise Business Systems (GFEBS). In this position you will have a leadership role, working with our Army customer to chart the path forward for one of the most complex, and accomplished SAP financial system in the world. Future plans include cloud and S4/HANA migration, improving the integration with other Army SAP-based systems, and integrations with SAP and non-SAP applications. Work location is Crystal City, Virginia.
In this role you will:
- Review and make recommendations on the GFEBS roadmap to optimize performance for the users while reducing short and long term costs.
- Perform planning, system integration, verification and validation of requirements, functional and technical designs.
- Identify and evaluate the relevancy of COTS and GOTS to satisfy user, mission and system needs.
- Plan, analyze, and design information systems to solve mission needs and requirements.
- Conduct cost and risk analysis in support of sustainment and effectiveness of the systems.
- Design system solutions and specifications incorporating software, data, network and hardware requirements.
- Ensure system designs are compatible with DoDAF architectures, DoD 8570 and FedRamp compliances.
- Ensure accurate documentation, thorough evaluation and complete traceability from inception through closure.
- Verify the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into systems solutions that incorporates functional, technical, schedule, performance and cost constraints.
- Execute functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into functional and technical specifications.
- Apply business process improvement practices to re-engineer business processes to improve the system efficiencies and user productivity.
- Expand or modify systems to enable new capabilities or improved workflows.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field
- A verifiable history of involvement in a leadership role for large scale, complex SAP or ERP projects over their full lifecycle.
- 10+ years of functional expertise in SAP key modules including Finance, Supply Chain, and Logistics.
- 10+ years of technical knowledge of SAP for ECC, BW, BO, SRM, PI, Enterprise Portal, Solution Manager and HANA environments.
- Sustainment engineering support/technical solutions experience to resolve root causes of problems associated with capabilities in operations.
- Experience in migrating ECC to S4/HANA
- Proven experience in leading, influencing and driving change management.
- Experience working with end users to translate business requirements to technical specifications for SAP Financials and BI/BW.
- Strong management skills with proven ability to drive projects to successful completion-on time and within budget are required.
- Must possess and maintain an active Secret security clearance.
- Minimal travel; approximately 10%.
- SAP product SME and Systems Engineering.
- 5 years of experience in a DOD/ARMY SAP environment
- Experience in deploying infrastructure, platforms and applications in the Cloud
- Minimum 5+ years experience in DoD Financial Management.